Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FB Radom Mini Beryl Imports Are In!

Feedback Score
    Why do you need to change the trunion out? For what purpose?

I would buy one if the barrel was longer. I don’t understand why they can’t import these in with longer barrels as a pistol or as a cut up parts kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Why do you need to change the trunion out? For what purpose?
    To put a factory stock on. AK pistols are not like the majority of the other "rifle/pistols" being sold today. Adding stock (or most braces if you swing that way) = major surgery.
    Last edited by freeride1; 02-09-20 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I would buy one if the barrel was longer. I don’t understand why they can’t import these in with longer barrels as a pistol or as a cut up parts kit.
    In the past pistols would not be approved for import if the barrels were rifle length. In the past couple of years some have been approved. It's not clear whether this is a change of AFT regulations or not. The only thing an importer can do is submit a sample and paperwork to see if it gets approved. That said, most buyers would want these as SBR's or pistols with braces instead of standard rifles anyway.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Depends on the price, a few AK gunsmiths are still out there who can add the correct trunnion with mil spec rivets then re-finish to match once you get it SBR'd. Arizona Response Systems or AK-USA for instance could finish that pistol out nicely.

That is more work and it won't be a factory assembly. I don't need any other projects or refinished guns.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    The Mini Beryl pistols are in at Atlantic Firearms and Arms of America. Unfortunately, the first batch has already sold out. Fortunately, I got one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbtC32MW-V8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtdfaFoUxA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD8n5NSa1_w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuI_MlTwLMM

The bottom line on the rear trunnion is that while it is a pistol rear trunnion, you can purchase an actual Beryl rear trunnion to replace it. It looks like the rivet holes will line up. If you or your gunsmith are skilled, you can replace it and only need to touch up the rivet heads. I'll post pictures of mine when it arrives.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sold out fast.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Here's mine:

Now I just need to find a replacement rear trunnion and decide which stock I want to use so that I can SBR it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cool overall but that rail/rear sight combo is jarringly hideous, I’m honestly surprised the poles haven’t come up with a better setup, but that apparently really is how the select-fire mini Beryl is configured. I’m sure the US aftermarket will come up with a more elegant solution worthy of the rest of the gun.

Feedback Score
    It definitely looks odd. If you want to run a magnified optic, then it's not a good solution. However, if you're wanting to run a non-magnified optic, then it's the best solution I've seen followed closely by attaching a rail to a hinged top cover. The advantage of this solution is that you can mount a non-magnified optic and still use the iron sights.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast