Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster and DPMS Out of business

Feedback Score

Bushmaster and DPMS Out of business

Has anyone been keeping up with a rumor about Freedom Group ceasing all modern sporting rifle production? That they effectively would be shutting down Bushmaster and DPMS? There is a thread on the ACR forums discussing it. I don’t have any love for their ARs but I do own an ACR that I really like. Guess I should start hoarding ACR parts.

Was anyone at Shot that could confirm or deny it? I just hate to see manufacturers give up like that even though I’m sure they are taking it in the shorts in this market. Feels like a bad thing for those of us in the gun culture. Could they be caving into the social pressure to move away from the evil black rifles.

Be safe

Heavyweight
    Last edited by Heavyweight; 01-28-20 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Well crap. I planned on getting an ACR later this year..
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Well crap. I planned on getting an ACR later this year..
    Yup, I kinda liked the looks of the ACR, after that recent thread.

If those two vendors are being shut down, I am curious what will happen to their parts inventories. I have seen a lot of DPMS and Bushmaster parts on CDNN lately.

Feedback Score
    Midwest Gun works has a pretty good parts inventory. I stocked up on just about everything that they had for sale.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    Midwest Gun works has a pretty good parts inventory. I stocked up on just about everything that they had for sale.
    I have some old Beretta's that are no longer being produced, and found some replacement springs and a firing pin there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally think it’s just a rumor.
    Was Bushmaster or DPMS at Shot Show this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    If its true any idea why?
    Colt quit selling AR's on the commercial market.
    I believe FN is no longer selling on the market either.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, I kinda liked the looks of the ACR, after that recent thread.

If those two vendors are being shut down, I am curious what will happen to their parts inventories. I have seen a lot of DPMS and Bushmaster parts on CDNN lately.
    Are there any known-good Bushy or DPMS parts I should be trying to snag for spares?

Btw, sorry about your coffee maker, bro. Hopefully you have that sorted by now.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    For years now I've often found out what models are being discontinued, or companies going bankrupt, by watching the CDNN sales fliers. It's often for sale at CDNN before announcements are circulating elsewhere.

With Walmart and Dick's making noisy withdrawals from selling MSRs, with Gander Mountain gone then re-animated as a Camping World zombie, and in my area gone once again, some of the largest retail channels for Freedom Group MSRs are gone.

Feedback Score
    Wonder if there's a chance they could rebrand some under the Remington name?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast