Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster and DPMS Out of business

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Maybe they'll bring the ARs under the AAC brand. Maybe.
    I have one, and lets hope not.

My AAC MPW was a mix of nice(ish) parts, and a bunch of garbage.
    Barrel, idk could be fine. AAC want a ton of money for them on their own.
    The rail was a KAC URX 3.1, nice stuff.
    Geissele trigger, it was good.

The rest of the gun was a pile of junk. It actually boggled my mind they combined nice parts with such junk.
    Then I realized that pile of junk parts had likely come from the Bushmaster factory.

Final blow was a tight magazine well that required many milspec magazines to need to be pulled out, none dropped free. Because AAC is owned by remington, you can not speak to some one AAC, only some numb skull in Remington custom service. Remington "could not find the gun in their system". I eventually got an RMA, no chance to talk to some one about fixing my FACTORY SBR. While I received my rma a shipping tag never followed.

I gave up on Remington/AAC and just run E-mags with it. I quite honestly I did not trust them to fix it, and trying to deal with them on the phone was such a pain. Had it been a title one rifle I would have promptly returned it to where I bought it from. Being a factory SBR i am kind of stuck with it.

The whole experience made me regret having bought 3 AAC silencers as well as I have little faith in getting them serviced need be.

Remington seems to do quite a good job of destroying the gun industry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So DPMS is out of business, Bushmaster out of Business, Colt halts civilian production, FLIR ends civilian sales all within the same 60 days. I don't believe in coincidences like this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    So DPMS is out of business, Bushmaster out of Business, Colt halts civilian production, FLIR ends civilian sales all within the same 60 days. I don't believe in coincidences like this.
    What is your hypothesis?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You're seeing a saturated market finally clean itself up in a similar fashion to how nature will clean out a wilderness with a forest fire when it's not managed correctly.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glad I recently got rid of my Gen 2 DPMS AR10. Dead end platform now.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Glad I recently got rid of my Gen 2 DPMS AR10. Dead end platform now.
    I am quite happy to hold onto mine. There is a very enlightening thread on another board started by a former DPMS sales employee. Development for the G2 got a blank check from Remington who of course squandered it like they always do by failing to follow up with adequate marketing. The G2 bolts are reported to be extremely robust and test rifles went beyond 100K rounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am quite happy to hold onto mine. There is a very enlightening thread on another board started by a former DPMS sales employee. Development for the G2 got a blank check from Remington who of course squandered it like they always do by failing to follow up with adequate marketing. The G2 bolts are reported to be extremely robust and test rifles went beyond 100K rounds.
    Well, that's good because it may be the only bolt you'll ever have!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Well, that's good because it may be the only bolt you'll ever have!
    Im a working man. I can't afford to wear out a .308 bolt

Feedback Score
    About 35 years ago I bought a Colt SP1.

About 30 years ago I bought a MAK-90.

About 28 years ago I wanted the CAR version and went Bushmaster.

About 15 years ago I wanted a general purpose semi auto .308, decided on an AR type platform, and went DPMS.

Would it make sense to run out and purchase an SP1, Classic AK, Bushmaster, or DPMS a year or two ago for your go to rifle?

Probably not,
    But in the context of the times, they were suitable.

Just like running out and grabbing the below for your CC pistol and service pistols and PCC tomorrow would not make much sense. But thirty years ago was right for the times.

“Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Watching one of Chris Bartocci's recent Q&A's, his thoughts are that Bushmaster/DPMS will still build rifles if a distributor submits a large enough order. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast