Thread: HK MP5

Feedback Score

HK MP5

I have the opportunity to acquire one of the two MP5 here under, either an A3 made in Germany for $ 1800, or a Turkish MKE MP5 k for $ 2500. I am in Switzerland btw.

Buying both is not an option, as I am already buying two other fun toys from the same seller.

I have shot an MP5 k once at the Scottsdale Gun Club, fantastic gun, I absolutely fell in love with it. I guess the A3 is almost as much fun.

I don’t distrust the Turkish made MP5 made under license, I’m sure they are fine. But I’d rather have a German made HK, so there’s the dilemma.

The third option would be to buy none, and wait to find the German k of my dreams.

Opinions ?

The A3

The Kurz

Last edited by OLIAR15; 01-30-20 at 05:25.

Feedback Score
    If you know one will become available, wait for what you really want.

Feedback Score
    I'd get the H&K because it's H&K and because the A3 is more versatile.

Feedback Score
    I know you can't carry one around in Switzerland in a backpack. So it is going to be a range toy.

I have to say, that the MP5K is a great weapon. It is now my second favorite, having been surpassed by B&T TP9.

Emotion is a powerful thing, so if you think a German MP5K will be something you can get in the short term I will say wait. But I was in Zurich when you all almost gave me a heart attach or stroke when you voted in gun control. So the other part you need to think about is if I wait for a German MP5K will a law get passed that will keep it from being imported or me from buying it.

A Turkish MP5k in the hand beats a german one you will never get.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As I suggested in your thread on arfcom:

I have a MP5-N and a MP5K-N, both German, both full auto. The K-N is very smooth with a slower ROF using the #28 locking piece. I enjoy them both, though if I could only choose one it would be the MP5-N. I would never buy MKE if factory German is an option, and in some bizarre happenstance the German gun is the less costly of the two.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 02-03-20 at 01:44.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score

HK MP5

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you know one will become available, wait for what you really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd get the H&K because it's H&K and because the A3 is more versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I know you can't carry one around in Switzerland in a backpack. So it is going to be a range toy.

I have to say, that the MP5K is a great weapon. It is now my second favorite, having been surpassed by B&T TP9.

Emotion is a powerful thing, so if you think a German MP5K will be something you can get in the short term I will say wait. But I was in Zurich when you all almost gave me a heart attach or stroke when you voted in gun control. So the other part you need to think about is if I wait for a German MP5K will a law get passed that will keep it from being imported or me from buying it.

A Turkish MP5k in the hand beats a german one you will never get.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    As I suggested in your thread on arfcom:

I have a MP5-N and a MP5K-N, both German, both full auto. The K-N is very smooth with a slower ROF using the #28 locking piece. I enjoy them both, though if I could only choose one it would be the MP5-N. I would never buy MKE if factory German is an option, and in some bizarre happenstance the German gun is the less costly of the two.
    Thanks to all for replies and opinions / experience

I decided to make an offer on the A3 for a few reasons

Price is right, even here you hardly ever see any MP5 below $ 2500 or 3000, and a German K probably goes for $ 4-5000. I think the reason the Turkish one is more expensive is because Ks are either more sought after here, or just rarer.

I’d rather own an original German made HK

Indeed no one knows how long we can freely buy those toys in today’s social and political climate. The 19th May election was a huge blow to gun enthusiasts, with no benefit against terrorism.

It seems the A3 might be more practical and controllable / accurate as a range toy.

N is for Navy ?
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 02-03-20 at 05:28.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, N=Navy

Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Thanks to all for replies and opinions / experience

N is for Navy ?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure that's a real German MP5 A3. I've never seen an H&K actually stamped A3. They just mark the full size guns MP5, aside from the SD's and the N models. It also lacks German proof marks. Buyer beware.