Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PSA: Stop Being Poor

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I've never had bad experience here with that here. TacSwap is terrible with stupid trades and offers. People offered me like $800 for like new Elcan or offered their Anderson upper.
    Yes, I must admit, I really prefer to sell here because there have been FAR less incidents of asshattery. Ebay was previously the worst, until I joined tacswap recently, and now they are #1.
    Tacswap you have about 30% that are straight shooters, 30% that are asshats and scammers, and another 30% that I think are secret leftists in that, you could give an item away for free and they would STILL want a better deal...

Ironically, I've actually had some decent luck recently on Armslist...

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I dont know if you ever seen any of my ads but I post ample high res pictures. The ad in question had close ups of the all the barrel markings and additional part. Like I said, Ive been selling stuff on forums for 10+ years and only been seeing this ass hatery in the last few years.

The said ass hat's idea of doing "due diligence" involved assuming I was trying to rip him off by trying to pass a Colt Expanse barrel as a genuine 6920 barrel, he then asked I fit the FSB on the barrel and take a picture to make sure I was shipping the original FSB, not some random one that might cause it to be canted. After he was sufficiently satisfied it was a genuine barrel with all the original parts he has the gall to offer $50 below the price I was asking WITH the original plastic handguards which I didnt even offer in the original ad.
    Those people are the WORST. Even more so when they just sod off into the ether afterword without so much as a "thanks, but I'm out" message.
    Never in over 10 years of buying/selling on the internet have I ever felt the need to pester someone for extra pics unless I was already pretty sure I was going to buy the item, and just needed to confirm some related detail, and I have never backed out on a sale, period, with the exception of perhaps 1 or 2 random instances where there was a sudden monetary emergency.

That's such a thing on Ebay these days - people win the item, and then the next day they message you about how they "didn't mean to buy it" and need you to cancel their purchase. HOW the hell can you NOT mean to buy something on Ebay?
    Like... is it really SO hard to make a 'for sure' decision BEFORE you buy something?

I sometimes feel embarrassed if I buy something from an online retailer and then need to make a return because it didn't work out...then I think of all the jackasses I've encountered and I realize that my simple return is probably nothing compared to the deluge of asshattery they must surely experience on a daily basis...

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I’m blown away at the folks on the EE with items that have been on there for over a year with thousands of views. If you had a store and thousands of people saw something that interested them and no one bought it, it might be a clue to lower your price.
    To be fair, sometimes that's also because it's an item there is also not a whole lot of interest in/odd. Had a pack that took me about a year to sell; my price was reasonable - more so perhaps - but it was just an odd, specialized item.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Thought I'd bring this back, for the Irony.

After refusing a bunch of low ball offers for my Colt 1911 Rail & stuffing it back in the safe, pretty much forgetting about it.

Had the same people asking if I still had it, and if it was still for sale ,

Offering me closer to my asking price,

Oh the Irony.....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567