Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sling mount options 870 SBS

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Is there enough barrel/mag extension for one of these? It would be right out at the muzzle but it might clear the Magpul hand guard.

https://www.mesatactical.com/product...ton-12-ga.html

41BN3MWvBzL.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TommyG; 02-05-20 at 19:57.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don’t think there mag extension/Barrel is long enough for that.

Here is what the SBS started life as.
    https://www.remington.com/other-prod...c-14-arm-brace
    Hand guard and extension is the same. Just imagine a QD attachment on the hand guard furtherest mlok slot to the rear and a WML on far forward mlok slot.

Something like this may work if I install it in the rear at about 4 o’clock
    https://www.impactweaponscomponents....d-micro-mount/
    Last edited by ace4059; 02-05-20 at 20:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Man that is stubby. Sling plate behind the mag extension and a different hand guard might be the solution if you don't want to go to a single point sling.

Maybe give Wilson Combat or Vang Comp a call and see if they have done one and maybe have a suggestion.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No idea where the high temp part of the kit went to, but it uses the same ITW loop on a piece of heat resistant cord.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excuse the threaded socket, all I had left for this proof of concept were Grove-Tech screw in sockets for wooden stocks:

Attachment 60749
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-05-20 at 23:26.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I don’t think there mag extension/Barrel is long enough for that.
    It isn't. The Mesa is 2 inches long, the Tac14 extension is 1.50 inches.

Here is what the SBS started life as.
    https://www.remington.com/other-prod...c-14-arm-brace
    Hand guard and extension is the same. Just imagine a QD attachment on the hand guard furtherest mlok slot to the rear and a WML on far forward mlok slot.

Something like this may work if I install it in the rear at about 4 o’clock
    https://www.impactweaponscomponents....d-micro-mount/
    I would not want the sling swivel located there, too much flopping around when you cycle.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP - After some research I believe this will work to clamp on the stubby extension and the barrel:

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...prod54745.aspx

I hope so, I ordered one for my TAC-14 (off ebay).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks 26 Inf for the suggestions. I think those will best my best bet.
    I ordered the Magpul clamp on and the Grove-Tech QD socket. I’ll try the QD socket first because I think it’ll preform best but will have the clamp style for backup.

You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks 26 Inf for the suggestions. I think those will best my best bet.
    I ordered the Magpul clamp on and the Grove-Tech QD socket. I’ll try the QD socket first because I think it’ll preform best but will have the clamp style for backup.
    I hope I haven't led us down the wrong path.

I went out to get the paper 20 minutes ago and there was a Magpul box sitting by the front door, I was giddy, I thought the clamp had come - forgetting for a moment I ordered it off of ebay - instead I found the boc contained the 21 rounds mags and enhanced buffer tubes I had ordered. Magpul ships fast - I ordered those items late Friday night.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The magpul clamp fit perfect. I installed it tonight.
    I pulled the light since the sling is in the way. Light was the same as the other shotgun. Now to find a new light mount that’s up and out of the way.

Here are pics of the one I added the magpul clamp to and another one for reference.
    https://imgur.com/a/CjV1rog

Edit:
    Another thought is I could move the light to the bottom of the hand guard.
    Last edited by ace4059; 02-11-20 at 21:33.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast