Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sling mount options 870 SBS

Feedback Score
    I like those ghost ring sights on the Tac-14, being shown in Post 20. I've been wondering what to do with my Tac 14's lack of sights. Off topic.

Feedback Score
    I liked Post-15's idea.
    Brownell's QD socket kit was out of stock. After two tries with Amazon, I found this kit (now out of stock as I type this):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Prior to this, I was using my attached Magpul "MS4" sling in single-point mode, which worked ok, but allows this non-NFA Tac-14 w/brace swing around a bit more than I'd like.

I'll have to work with this forward sling mount to ensure I don't blow the end of the sling off when shooting. I saw this happen in a class a dozen or so years ago (to a San Francisco P.D. Sgt. should he happen to be reading this forum).
    Last edited by L-2; 05-17-20 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought some of those generic QD swivels from Brownells. They were 10 or 20 to a pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    There are plus ones that will do both out there. I replaced the Magpul on my Tac-14 with this Hogue, but this particular plus one works with the Magpul as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Update to my Post_22. Today, after having my QD socket (bought from Amazon) for 3 months, the socket fractured lengthwise (front to back direction). I probably had ~300 rounds fired by this time. This particular socket appeared to be cast or MIM and probably couldn't withstand this much repetitive blast.

I've ordered more sockets, this time from Brownell's, as they're in-stock.
    Last edited by L-2; 08-27-20 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very interesting. Did you have any damage to the mount on the sling or to the sling itself? And powder burn or singed ends on the sling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Very interesting. Did you have any damage to the mount on the sling or to the sling itself? And powder burn or singed ends on the sling?
    No. The sling and sling swivel are fine.

Feedback Score
    Update:
    I did buy another 10 sockets as suggested by Post_23, (Brownell's# https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...?sku=593000038) and then bought my own hardware.

Flathead screws in either 10-24 or 8-32 size/thread, along with nuts (I preferred the "nylok" type) worked just fine. The nylok type nuts were just easier than using a regular hex nut with Loctite. I think I bought 3/8" long screws. I suppose 1/2" screws would work, too. Be sure to use flathead screws as a different screw-head type won't allow enough room for a QD swivel to fit into the socket otherwise.

Shooting my Tac-14 (now an SBS) again, the socket has stood up to another 200 rounds or so. I probably just had a marginally made socket which was bought from Amazon in a QD kit. Besides this shotgun, I've already used another 3 or 4 sockets located on other guns I had.
    Last edited by L-2; 10-22-20 at 16:24.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123