Page 1 of 309 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Election Thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

2020 Election Thread

We probably need a catchall thread for all things 2020 election related.

I do chuckle when I remember the media talking about a "fractured GOP" in 2016 and how Trump was going to tear the party apart. Then, this comes along today:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...legates-110083

A small group of Democratic National Committee members has privately begun gauging support for a plan to potentially weaken Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign and head off a brokered convention.

In conversations on the sidelines of a DNC executive committee meeting and in telephone calls and texts in recent days, about a half-dozen members have discussed the possibility of a policy reversal to ensure that so-called superdelegates can vote on the first ballot at the party’s national convention. Such a move would increase the influence of DNC members, members of Congress and other top party officials, who now must wait until the second ballot to have their say if the convention is contested.

Sanders is surging and Joe Biden has maintained his lead nationally, but at least three other candidates are widely seen as viable. The cluster raises the specter of a convention requiring a second ballot.

If Sanders wins the Iowa caucuses on Monday and continues to gain momentum, it is possible he could arrive at the convention with the most delegates — but without enough to win the nomination on the first ballot. It is also possible that he and Elizabeth Warren, a fellow progressive, could arrive at the convention in second and third place, but with more delegates combined than the frontrunner.

If, on the second ballot, superdelegates were to throw their support to someone else, tipping the scales, many moderate Democrats fear the upheaval that would cause could weaken the eventual nominee.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Prediction: Bernie gets screwed again, biden (new hilary) gets nominated, Trump wins.

Maybe hilary tries to come back at the last minute.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-01-20 at 00:15.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I doesn't matter who the democratic nominee is, Trump will cheat and win another illegitimate election. Impeach 2021/2022/2023!!
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I doesn't matter who the democratic nominee is, Trump will cheat and win another illegitimate election. Impeach 2021/2022/2023!!
    Yeah, I mean the audacity of this guy not carrying New York City and the state of California but still being elected President of the United States, right?

Feedback Score

Let’s really shake things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    As a Trump supporter I fear Bernie more than Biden. IMO taking him suits me just fine.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Biden continues to become unraveled over questions concerning Hunter.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...-talking-about
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Are you guys following the shit show that the Iowa Democratic caucus has turned into..LMAO..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Are you guys following the shit show that the Iowa Democratic caucus has turned into..LMAO..
    I think it is Trump interfering with the election. adam schitt said it was important to impeach Trump because if they did not he would interfere again. I think Trump snuck into some of the larger caucus meetings and Hypnotized the entire group of voters and then instructed them to vote for him. Now you might wonder why he would do this. Well if he could win both the democrat and Republican Primaries, he would then run unopposed and would be guaranteed to win the Presidency again. adam schitt knew he was going to do something and now it looks like he has. It may be that he got on TV and hypnotized the entire state population will they were watching the Super Bowl yesterday. Trump is a sneaky little guy, and will do anything to win.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The caucus cannot figure out who to rig it for since all their candidates suck. Kind of like in the movie Wargames where they made the computer play tic-tac-toe and when it figured out that it was a no win situation it just shut down.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 1 of 309 1231151101 ... LastLast