I originally posted this in the ammo section, thinking it was an ammo issue, then realized it was definitely not. Here's my situation. I had my LMT MWS out at the range yesterday for the first time since I installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it (I've installed a lot of triggers in the past, most Geisseles). While I shooting about twenty rounds, twice, the BCG would cycle, grab a new round, chamber it, but the trigger had not cocked. Weird. It happened only twice out of about a total of 80 rounds I fired yesterday. Slow fire, I might add, at various ranges, so I was not blazing away.

At first I wondered if maybe there is an AR-10 specific SSA-E and found out, nope, they are the same and from every report I could find online they work fine with AR-10s and people report no issues with LMT MWS rifles.

When it happened, I could not pull the trigger, had to jack the round out by really yanking on the CH. Then I reloaded the round in the magazine and pulled the bolt back, locked it, inserted mag, hit bolt release, round chambered and "bang" this time, the hammer had been cocked.

I should mention the rifle and the BCG and everything was thoroughly cleaned before I took it out with the SSA-E trigger group. I'm shooting from a strong bipod, good fundamentals, etc. etc. I'm an experienced long range shooter with a wide variety of rifles in semi-auto and bolt action, etc.

Has anyone had this experience before? Any thoughts on what may be going on? It's just disconcerting to have this happen. I've not had this happen to me before with this rifle, or any other rifle. In fact, I swapped a Geissele SSA trigger group out and put the SSA-E instead of it. I think I had it happen one time before with the SSA, but only once, and I didn't give it a second thought, figured it was fluke.

But now with it happening twice to me...

Ideas? Thoughts? I appreciate it