Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice About Situation with my LMT MWS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Maybe take it completely out and reinstall. It would give you a better looksee on all parts. And giving Geissele a call would be smart. Maybe they send you a new set of springs. And send them pictures of all your parts of the trigger so they can visually inspect as well.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    I agree; it’s puzzling.
    If ammunition is fed, then the bcg is moving far enough rearward to force the hammer to hook the disconnector. And I’m sorry I asked if it stripped a round. I see that you addressed that in the first post.
    Here’s an animation of how the standard semiautomatic AR15 trigger works. You can see the disconnector in purple.

https://youtu.be/xh2FjzVVIZY

The Geissele SSA moves the sear but the function of the disconnector remains the same. A bad disconnector spring could cause the problem you’re having, but I don’t see how that would be ammunition sensitive. Broken, misaligned , or worn engagement surfaces on the disconnector and hammer could also cause a similar problem.
    I’m sorry; without actually looking at it I don’t know. I would have it open looking at all the engagement surfaces.
    I would really recommend calling Geissele to see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the utterly sporadic nature of the problem that is driving me up a wall. I can rip through 20 rounds, then another 20, and then on the next magazine it will happen once, or twice. You'd think it would happen with every shot.

UPDATE: I contacted Geissele and explained everything going on, the fact that the previous trigger was an SSA, no issues. I'll look forward to their response. I've offered to do whatever they suggest: take it out, take it apart, lots of detailed photos, or just send everything in to them.

I appreciate the advice I've received here.

Will report back in a few weeks on this.
    Last edited by Schootz; 02-02-20 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    Did you ever hear back from Geisselle?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    crickets
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12