Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scar 20 optic question

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Razor 4.5x is a great optic, get in MIL; for the $ not much better

skip US Optics altogether

RPR isn't a bad gun at all, had one in 6.5 that did .8 with AMAX 120s... sadly couldn't get better groupings with the 140 ELD which is a much better round (over 1.0); regret selling it as it was solidly reliable with ZERO issues (most bolt guns that are messed with)

try diff match ammo with your SCAR and see what it groups at 100 in 5 shot groups

ammo means more than anything IMO if using same shooter/gun

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Ive heard Scar's are brutal on optics. I drink Nightforce koolaid so id look at the NF ATACR 4-16 is an outstanding optic. I don't think you need that much magnification. I have one on my LMT MWS and love it. And they are not $3,500 and can usually find one used for around $2k. Sometimes under $2k.

I have many Seekins rings and are great. I like the Geissele un-imounts too.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks again for all the help. I will look into Nightforce. I know they are awesome optics. When you say you dont think I need that much magnification, other than purchase price is there any other drawback that I am overlooking? For this rifle I am not too worried about weight. The Scar and PRS have a plenty of room for whatever. I guess I am thinking its easier to turn down the magnification, rather than install more after the purchase.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think you would be good to go with a Leupold, Vortex, or NF 3-18x.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum 20 View Post
    Thanks again for all the help. I will look into Nightforce. I know they are awesome optics. When you say you dont think I need that much magnification, other than purchase price is there any other drawback that I am overlooking? For this rifle I am not too worried about weight. The Scar and PRS have a plenty of room for whatever. I guess I am thinking its easier to turn down the magnification, rather than install more after the purchase.

Thanks again!
    Now that most good optics are FFP, you only have more cost and more weight. The next size up get pretty massive, I own many but not on my AR10's. Either way, NF is a good option.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Friend I used to work with had a kid who was in one of the Ranger battalions, and a sniper. Saw a pic of him in Afghanistan, scar MK20 with Luepold MK5 glass.

Feedback Score
    Two more silly questions and I think I will have all the information I need to figure oue what I want. 1 In the Nightforce ATACR 4-16 there are two options, onr x42 the other x50. Which one for what I will be doing and why? The other is would you regret not getting an illuminated reticle? I am on yhe fence on thqt one. I tend to buy just to have and then never need. Thanks again you all for the input!

Feedback Score
    The 42mm has a low profile elevation turret. You can actually use a rmr in front of it.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    +1

you should be torquing your bolts and screws every 100 rds IMO

Screws come loose over time even with 6.5CM compared to the big boys

.223 & 5.56 don't loosen as much as 7.62/.308 IME
    Why not just use loctite and nail polish to see if you need to tighten anything?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    Why not just use loctite and nail polish to see if you need to tighten anything?
    Exactly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast