Thread: Buying from a private seller

Feedback Score

Buying from a private seller

Anyone have any advice on how to conduct a transaction from a private seller on Gunsamerica? I'm totally new to the whole internet gun buying deal; I've only bought over the counter at stores.

Do I just send the guy a check and wait for him to ship the gun or what? Don't the guns have to go through a FFL?

Sorry to sound like a noob, but well... I am

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Anyone have any advice on how to conduct a transaction from a private seller on Gunsamerica? I'm totally new to the whole internet gun buying deal; I've only bought over the counter at stores.

Do I just send the guy a check and wait for him to ship the gun or what? Don't the guns have to go through a FFL?

Sorry to sound like a noob, but well... I am

You will need to go through a FFL. You can not take receipt of a firearm directly unless you yourself are a FFL. There are exceptions for face to face transactions, but I suggest you read up on your state's and Federal firearms regulations prior to purchase. It is your responsibility.

As for Gunsamerica, review the sellers feedback and read Gunsamericas service agreement in detail.