Thread: Do you keep your Romeo 5 RD on all the time-UPDATE

Feedback Score

Do you keep your Romeo 5 RD on all the time-UPDATE

I have a Romeo 5 on a PSA 10.5 pistol and like it alot. It would be by most serious 'go to' gun if I knew I could rely on the RD being on when I needed it. That means not having to turn on any settings but be confident it's ready to go if and when things got serious. If I have to press and hold a button and adjust it's setting every time I need it on than it will just be a range toy and hog, coyote gun.

Do you leave yours on and trust it to go in sleep mode when not handled? As a full time truck gun, will riding in a stiff riding truck like an F-350 keep it on when not needed?

ETA- I left my RD on all weekend, only waking it from it's sleep mode to move it to the bedroom at night. I did take it shooting today but when I got settled down to shoot off the bench I saw the RD wasn't on. I held down the + elev. button to turn it on and nothing. I repeated this with both the + - buttons and still nothing. I thought 'This sucs, so much for a truck gun, HD optic'. I removed the battery cap and dialed the (new) battery slightly and held the + button down again and it came on.

I shot and left it on, came home and looked through it again and it was on but I am seriously disappointed. I'm going to be check it the next few days. It will probably work here at home but as soon as I drive an hour to the range to shoot, or worse, when I really need it, it will let me down.

I have about as much faith in a Chinese RD right now as I would some stripper girlfriend.
    Last edited by friendo; 02-09-20 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    I personally would not. I spend more time on dirt roads and old logging trails. I never handled one so i do not know how much force it takes to turn it on. I would assume standard roads with out pot holes (no such thing in maine) should be fine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I leave all my RDS on, and change batteries annually.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"