Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: G48 stovepipe with live round?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    100 more rounds of Federal 124gr yesterday, no issues. At this point, going forward I’ll probably only update if I have problems vs when everything goes fine.
    However I did want to inquire about this product:

https://hyve-technologies.com/produc...-the-glock-48/

Due to having a longer slide but still using the G43 recoil spring, the G48 has the space to accommodate a full length recoil spring/guide rod. I have read some opinions that the G43 spring is a somewhat “marginal” choice for the G48, and the 48 could benefit from a full length recoil spring.

I don’t know as the issues I had previously had any relation to the stock recoil spring or not, but I’m just curious what others here think about the merit of a full length G48 recoil spring in general.
    Does something like the Hyve product in the link have any legitimate merit as a general upgrade or is it more likely just a gimmick?
    The photo in the link is not a Glock 48. The way the slide is made, you can't fit a guiderod that is any longer than the factory one. They would be selling one that is the same length as the factory one - just their version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    The photo in the link is not a Glock 48. The way the slide is made, you can't fit a guiderod that is any longer than the factory one. They would be selling one that is the same length as the factory one - just their version.

Ah, I guess I should have looked more closely at the photo. So much for that idea.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456