Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife says I should wear tighter clothes...now what?

Feedback Score

Wife says I should wear tighter clothes...now what?

Wife says it's a shame I wear loose-fitting clothes. Part of the reason I do is for comfort and partly for concealment. She knows all of that of course.

However it is Florida, and wearing less is always appealing.

So, for you guys who wear more form-fitting clothes, how do you carry?

Even my Beretta Cheetah is too wide and grip too long to conceal under just a t-shirt.

Is pocket-carry the only way? Pocket carry is slow unless you're ahead of the game enough to have your hand on it first.

I occasionally belt-carry my LCR, but it's a little wide and the nice rubber grip catches on fabric.

Maybe I could belt-carry a Bodyguard .380 sized gun?

Feedback Score
    G19 appendix with most.

With extreme form fitting shirts, mp shield appendix.

Last edited by MegademiC; 02-03-20 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I can’t even carry a G43 appendix without printing because I dress normal (aka in style and not like a gun nerd). I’ve probably got 10 holsters. Trex. Tenicor. Etc. Nothing works. Frankly, I don’t know how people do it and don’t look pregnant.

Best holster I’ve found is a BFG pocket holster for the 43.

Ain’t no way you can be a thin dude wearing tighter clothing (especially without prints / with solid pastel colors) and AIWB a G19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    G19 appendix with most.

So I take it you don't care people know you're carrying?

I do. I prefer it to be a surprise.

I've been trying to carry the LCR appendix ISWB just around the house. It's not very concealed with just a t-shirt and is less comfortable than behind the hip. I used to carry appendix years ago but only like it for car trips.

Feedback Score
    It doesnt print. Ill get some pics/video later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Wife says it's a shame I wear loose-fitting clothes. Part of the reason I do is for comfort and partly for concealment. She knows all of that of course.

However it is Florida, and wearing less is always appealing.

So, for you guys who wear more form-fitting clothes, how do you carry?

Even my Beretta Cheetah is too wide and grip too long to conceal under just a t-shirt.

Is pocket-carry the only way? Pocket carry is slow unless you're ahead of the game enough to have your hand on it first.

I occasionally belt-carry my LCR, but it's a little wide and the nice rubber grip catches on fabric.

Maybe I could belt-carry a Bodyguard .380 sized gun?
    When i need to deep conceal, I carry a Sig P365 in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster and it conceals great, even under tighter fitting t-shirts. Having a good IWB holster is key to good concealment, and body type also makes a difference in the type of holster that works best for you (ie appendix vs 4:00 carry, etc)

That being said, I would venture to guess that 95% of people don't notice a gun bulge under a t-shirt, and the ones who do are usually gun people. Sometimes you really need to conceal deep, but most of the time, i don't worry at all about a slight bulge under my t shirt.

Feedback Score
    I think guys have different ideas of what "concealed" means.

The thoughts of the observer:

1. "There is a guy." (I'm thinking about work / lunch / my yard, anything but guns)

Gun toter "A" considers his gun "concealed". So does guy gun toter "B".

2. "There is a guy. He looks like a cop or bad guy or anyway someone who might carry a gun." (Looks for signs of concealed gun, observes signs that makes him believe gun toter does have a gun)

Gun toter "A" still considers his gun "concealed" and / or doesn't care what observer thinks. Gun toter "B" (me) does not consider his gun "concealed". (Being "made" is failure)

3. "There is a guy. He looks like a cop or bad guy or anyway someone who might carry a gun." (Looks for signs of concealed gun, does not observe signs gun toter has a gun, quick check INCONCLUSIVE.

Gun toter "A" still doesn't care what observer thinks. Gun toter "B" considers his gun "concealed".
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-03-20 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    For more reading material on this it was somewhat discussed here 4 years ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...with-a-t-shirt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought some new jeans to update my look and found some of the newer jeans have stretchy material and it helps a lot, YMMV. However, I never tuck in my shirts, almost never.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    G19 appendix with most.

You'd look thinner without it.

I used to carry a G19 ISWB right about 330 with a tucked in shirt. It wasn't comfortable, too heavy. I was at a job that had me standing / walking indoors most of the day around money and somewhat stressful environment. I felt I needed it enough to put up with the discomfort. But now I don't. I want to be able to move around, sit, get in and out of cars and live my life in this sweaty state not cursing the weight, bulk, and heat of a gun and it's accessories / clothing. And now I want the wife to enjoy looking at me more per her request.
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-03-20 at 14:01.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast