Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife says I should wear tighter clothes...now what?

Feedback Score
    Understand that the harder the pistol is to see, the harder i.e. slower to get it out.

Having said that, I will state it very clearly if you have to draw super fast in a situation the odds are you missed a lot of signs leading up to it.

A trick I learned from a SAS, Det 14, vet from Norther Ireland is you take a nylon webbing belt and put it on under your trousers, then stick your pistol in it. Then bring up your trousers, due to the thicker material your pants as we would call them in the USA masks the pistol. I used it in the front cross draw and would stick my hand in my left front pants pocket and push up on the muzzle to pop the grip above my waist band.

So your shirt has nothing to do with concealment since your grip is slightly below your waist band. You can even tuck your shirt in.

I have gone in the middle of Arab riots carry a pistol this way and was never made, I also have gone places where if I was made, a painful death would have been the result. Takes some getting used to but it works.
    Last edited by yoni; 02-03-20 at 14:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought some new jeans to update my look and found some of the newer jeans have stretchy material and it helps a lot, YMMV. However, I never tuck in my shirts, almost never.

PB
    Jeans are so uncomfortable unless really, really relaxed. Way too heavy for Florida except for about 15 days of the year. I don't know how you wear them in AZ, either!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wear -t-shirts all the time with an IWB holster and ccw a P30. I am not big either. I don't use the short , super tight tshirts, but they sure aren't well oversize either. So I think it's just ccw paranoia that most people think are printing, but your really not.

I was the same way until I asked my wife if she noticed and she didn't suspect a thing. My wife never knows if I am carrying or not unless she sees me actually gearing up, and she of all people should know the difference.

Now I always wear a good Ares belt. I don't tuck my tshirts in, so who cares how the belt looks.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 02-03-20 at 19:26. Reason: Wrong holster type

Feedback Score
    My wife is constantly on me to be stylish (I'm not) and buys me all kinds of semi form fitting shirts, skinny jeans, etc. I don't like any of that crap but, because I am tired of arguing, will have to get a G43 or something. Remember Thunderwear? Some of the guys I used to work with used that wearing suits sans coat, and it was pretty invisible. Yoni's solution reminded me of that. Might try to find something like that.
    I miss the 90-00s when my duty 96D or 229 would be invisible under my flannel shirts.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    HaHA skinny jeans huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought some new jeans to update my look and found some of the newer jeans have stretchy material and it helps a lot, YMMV. However, I never tuck in my shirts, almost never.

PB
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Wife says it's a shame I wear loose-fitting clothes. Part of the reason I do is for comfort and partly for concealment. She knows all of that of course.

However it is Florida, and wearing less is always appealing.

So, for you guys who wear more form-fitting clothes, how do you carry?

Even my Beretta Cheetah is too wide and grip too long to conceal under just a t-shirt.

Is pocket-carry the only way? Pocket carry is slow unless you're ahead of the game enough to have your hand on it first.

I occasionally belt-carry my LCR, but it's a little wide and the nice rubber grip catches on fabric.

Maybe I could belt-carry a Bodyguard .380 sized gun?
    New wife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I used to tuck a dress shirt in, then unbutton a couple buttons and slip a P230 in my waist underneath the shirt then button up. The belt and pants kept it secure. This was before tuckable rigs where on the scene. Slow in a sense but as Yoni said, you missed the clues. I'm in FL and either rock a G48 or lately a SiG X compact. Holsters matter and also build, a bigger chest help a shirt"hang" better with less print. The newer "claws" help tuck the butt inward to lessen printing. Most any holster that is touchable will be noticed by a person knowing what to look for.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t keep up with “trendy” clothing. I wear jeans(Levis boot cut—I wear cowboy boots a lot because I like them), Mountain Hardwear of Kuhl pants in the winter/fall with button up shirts. In the summer I wear Kuhl shorts and t-shirts or button up (short sleeves). I have just recently started carrying AIWB and much to my amazement with a VP9SK looking in a mirror I don’t really notice with either a t-shirt or button up. I have family/friends (who know what to ‘look for’) who are not able to even notice. I don’t even have a ‘wing’ or ‘claw’ on my holster yet though I am waiting to get one.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Jeans are so uncomfortable unless really, really relaxed. Way too heavy for Florida except for about 15 days of the year. I don't know how you wear them in AZ, either!
    The weather is perfect here and nothing like Florida. 40 in the am , 70 in day and DRY. There is actually smothing to the dry heat. But it not like 115 feels good, dry or not. But with moderate temps, its awesome.

I couldn't appendix carry to save my arse, I'm a 4:00 guy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    HaHA skinny jeans huh?
    Slim cut for me. Mexican concealed carry or whatever they call it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast