Thread: Beretta 92 combat

Feedback Score

Beretta 92 combat

I have always had an affinity for Beretta 92s, especially since Lethal Weapon.

For a few years now I’ve been lusting for a 92 combat, the accurized single action version.

After missing a few, I decided to put out a WTB ad. Got three replies. Bought a gun, 2001 made, low round count, with box, papers and accessories and aluminum grips

(yeah I’ll explain the other gun in a minute)

First shots at 25 meters, adjusting sights a smidge

A bit low left

A bit high right now

Kinda centered with a flyer

It’s great at rapid fire, it points very naturally, absorbs recoil nicely and gets back on target very quickly

This is abt 20 shots rapid fire at 25 meters

According to an LGS who sold a few of them, it’s one of his favourite semi, and comparable to a Sig 210 in accuracy and trigger smoothness. To me nothing compares to a 210, but it’s a damn fine shooter and a very nice gun.
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 02-04-20 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    So the stainless one. I’ve had my first 92F since 1989, my 93r since 1999, so in 2010 it made sense to me to buy a 92 FS in stainless. I think Beretta had transitioned from the straight dust cover to the slanted one, which I find less appealing aesthetically. So I bought this 1993 made in very good condition.

So back to my 92 combat seller, he also had an 8 inch target barrel. He bought it new as blued, then threw some more money at it to get it coated, and used it on his 92 brigadier stainless. He then sold the gun but kept the barrel, and pushed me to buy it with the combat.

I had no real need or desire for that barrel, but we then agreed on a package deal for the 92 combat, the barrel, a few mags including an original 20 rd 93 r mag, and a Hämmerli 215 competition pistol in .22 lr.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice!!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That 92 Combat is so incredibly slick.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Love the 92 Combat. I've always wanted one and watched a fairly used one go on GB north of $6k.

P.S. Thanks, Wilson Combat for making searching for one a pain in the ass.

Feedback Score
    Nice pistols! Why doesn't Beretta offer a plain old '92 with a frame mounted safety? They'd sell like crazy. I guess you can't give some people money. Alas, I do have my Taurus PT92. It's not as elegant, but it's actually more accurate than any of my Berettas.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Where are the 93R pictures?

You can't just casually drop that and not include some pics!

Hell--What about a video?

Feedback Score

Beretta 92 combat

Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Where are the 93R pictures?

You can't just casually drop that and not include some pics!

Hell--What about a video?
    Sorry about that, I thought I had posted about it

I have now, here’s the link (still have to work on a video)

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...5-Beretta-93-R

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Nice pistols! Why doesn't Beretta offer a plain old '92 with a frame mounted safety? They'd sell like crazy. I guess you can't give some people money. Alas, I do have my Taurus PT92. It's not as elegant, but it's actually more accurate than any of my Berettas.

Their newest Shadow 2 rival does - 92X performance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am a big Beretta fan. Last year I finally got my first one, a Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical. Then I got a (less than 50 serial number) LTT Elite. Then came upon a great deal for a 92 with spare barrel, trigger, WC guild rod and other sundries. I love the way they feel and I shoot them well. I would really enjoy one of these in my collection.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise