Thread: A5 buffer weights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A5 buffer weights

Are the steel and tungsten weights the same size as regular buffer weights? I have an A5H3 and wondering if I could swap with carbine steel weights to make it a 2 or 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJinPA; 02-19-20 at 09:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes. Yes, you can.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Yes. Yes, you can.
    Awesome! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I dremel off the H3 or H4 when I do this so there's no future confusion. This also lets me know the buffer has been modified.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I dremel off the H3 or H4 when I do this so there's no future confusion. This also lets me know the buffer has been modified.
    I use a stamp to mark them. HF works for me in this case - https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-...-Pc-63676.html

I toyed with using different colored buffer ends but decided to stamp: https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...fer-bumper-red
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I use a stamp to mark them. HF works for me in this case - https://www.harborfreight.com/18-in-...-Pc-63676.html

I toyed with using different colored buffer ends but decided to stamp: https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-pa...fer-bumper-red
    Classy!

Yeah... buffer ends would work, but mean having to pull the buffer to confirm. I like the stamp idea, but I only mod one to H2.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Classy!

Yeah... buffer ends would work, but mean having to pull the buffer to confirm. I like the stamp idea, but I only mod one to H2.
    That is why I went with the stamp instead of the buffer ends, I haven't modified that many. Didn't think of having to pull the buffer to confirm while I was considering the idea of different colored ends.

I have a vibrating engraver but anything I've tried to engrave ends up looking like a forty year-old jail tattoo.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have a vibrating engraver but anything I've tried to engrave ends up looking like a forty year-old jail tattoo.
    Someone we shoot with brought out an SOT converted AR full auto. They used that method for engraving the lower. It was funny.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I've bought some imported surplus pistols that were engraved that way, although a lot better than I could have done.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    A set of metal stamps is useful, but it sure can be over done...