Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR Flickering, with flicker plate installed

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

RMR Flickering, with flicker plate installed

Hey guys. I have made it my goal this year to learn how to get comfortable and proficient with a red dot on a handgun. I have been dry firing, practicing on picking up the dot from the draw, as well as picking it up after reloads at home.

Last weekend I went to my local indoor range, as the winds were really bad to go the outdoor range, and zeroed my new Leupold Deltapoint pro. After getting a solid zero, and doing some drills with it, I moved onto my Glock 19 milled with an RMR.

The RMR is a type 1 RM06 I have had for a few years. I also have a Zev flicker plated mounted underneath the dot for fear of the flickering issue. The dot was already zeroed so I moved right into doing drills with it. Every 10-15 shots or so I would lose the dot completely for the next several shots. It kept repeating over the 150 rounds I fired through it the rest of the way.

It would not matter if I adjusted brightness up or down, tried to turn the optic off and back on completely, I could not get it to stop doing it. Then magically a few rounds later it would pop back on. This was not me losing the dot in the optic, or moving my head position either, it was just flat out vanishing.

Has anyone else had this issue? I searched the forums and found nothing. I'm not sure if this is the common 'flicker' that most people speak of, or a separate issue all together. I haven't contacted Trijicon as of yet.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Try gently bending the thin contact tab the battery touches. Again I say gently, if you break that off you're done.
    If that doesn't work try contacting Trijicon.

Feedback Score
    Very gently. I had the same problem and fixed it in just that way. I figure recoil after so many rounds things need to be adjusted.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Running one on a 10mm and reading up on the flicker issue, I prevented it by putting a buffer between the contact tab and side of the tray, ensuring the tab always remains in contact with the battery under recoil. I used an exacto knife to cut a wedge shaped sliver off a wooden shaft of a 6” q-tip for the buffer. I’ve had no issues.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My type 1 flickered too after adding a new late. I switched to a Duracell battery and added a small piece of electrical tape on top of the raised bump on the plate. That was about 400 rounds ago and it hasn’t blinked since. David

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Try gently bending the thin contact tab the battery touches. Again I say gently, if you break that off you're done.
    If that doesn't work try contacting Trijicon.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Very gently. I had the same problem and fixed it in just that way. I figure recoil after so many rounds things need to be adjusted.
    I will look into this tonight, thank you both for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    My type 1 flickered too after adding a new late. I switched to a Duracell battery and added a small piece of electrical tape on top of the raised bump on the plate. That was about 400 rounds ago and it hasn’t blinked since. David
    This seems like the safer "Will is clumsy as hell" option. I will see how sketched out I get trying to bend the contactor. Thank you for the suggestion!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I have been researching red dots for a while.. . Found this during my searches, it might work if you have not already fixed your issue...
    https://blog.suarezinternational.com...ering-dot.html

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Contact trijicon. Pretty good chance they will ask you to send it in and replace with a brand new type 2 for nothing. They did it to me with a used type one I bought that had the elevation stuck. Screw would turn but dot would not move. Cost me shipping for a brand new type 2. The type 1 bought was dirt cheap.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Contact trijicon. Pretty good chance they will ask you to send it in and replace with a brand new type 2 for nothing. They did it to me with a used type one I bought that had the elevation stuck. Screw would turn but dot would not move. Cost me shipping for a brand new type 2. The type 1 bought was dirt cheap.
    I started to try "the fix" others had recommended here and was overly concerned I was going to damage it. I contacted Trijicon on Monday, and they mispelled my email address, so I did not get a confirmation until Thursday. Sent it to them, and hopefully they can work their magic on it.

Had it at the range last weekend and I was losing the dot several times in each magazine fired.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Got my RMR back from Trijicon last night. They did not hook me up with a type 2, but did repair/replace some things on mine. I am going to order a better quality flicker plate also, any suggestions?

Unfortunately my range I have a membership at is closed until April 15th, even though it's completely outdoors. That sucks.

2020-03-27_10-41-20 by Willis, on Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast