Hey guys. I have made it my goal this year to learn how to get comfortable and proficient with a red dot on a handgun. I have been dry firing, practicing on picking up the dot from the draw, as well as picking it up after reloads at home.

Last weekend I went to my local indoor range, as the winds were really bad to go the outdoor range, and zeroed my new Leupold Deltapoint pro. After getting a solid zero, and doing some drills with it, I moved onto my Glock 19 milled with an RMR.

The RMR is a type 1 RM06 I have had for a few years. I also have a Zev flicker plated mounted underneath the dot for fear of the flickering issue. The dot was already zeroed so I moved right into doing drills with it. Every 10-15 shots or so I would lose the dot completely for the next several shots. It kept repeating over the 150 rounds I fired through it the rest of the way.

It would not matter if I adjusted brightness up or down, tried to turn the optic off and back on completely, I could not get it to stop doing it. Then magically a few rounds later it would pop back on. This was not me losing the dot in the optic, or moving my head position either, it was just flat out vanishing.

Has anyone else had this issue? I searched the forums and found nothing. I'm not sure if this is the common 'flicker' that most people speak of, or a separate issue all together. I haven't contacted Trijicon as of yet.