Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No C Mark on Colt BCG: Deal Killer?

Feedback Score

No C Mark on Colt BCG: Deal Killer?

My friend at work is wanting to sell me his Colt LE6920 for a pretty good price, it's unfired, new in box. It has a C marked upper, cage code barrel, and MPC marked bolt, but no C mark on the bolt carrier itself.

Colt aficionados, is this reflective at all of lesser quality compared to past 6920s, or is it good to go? I know he didn't pull the carrier, because I was with him when he bought the rifle new. I also know I've read of Colt not having marked their carriers in recent years.

Feedback Score
    Oh shit. Here we go again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCourier View Post
    My friend at work is wanting to sell me his Colt LE6920 for a pretty good price, it's unfired, new in box. It has a C marked upper, cage code barrel, and MPC marked bolt, but no C mark on the bolt carrier itself.

Colt aficionados, is this reflective at all of lesser quality compared to past 6920s, or is it good to go? I know he didn't pull the carrier, because I was with him when he bought the rifle new. I also know I've read of Colt not having marked their carriers in recent years.
    No 'C' on the bolt carrier isn't uncommon now. Still Colt.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    It’s fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought my 6920 a couple of years ago. Runs good so far. No C mark on carrier, but the bolt is MPC. When I got it, I called Colt. No, they wouldn't send me a C marked one. But it seems ok.

Feedback Score

It's no good. If you have him send it to me I shall ensure its proper disposal.

Feedback Score

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a recent production colt, and it's my favorite.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If the deal is good, buy it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Colt quit marking some of them with a C in 2017-2019. There is a new batch of C marked ones that got released in late 2019

You can buy new production C marked carriers if you look around the internet. I would replace your blank carrier.
    Last edited by scottryan; 02-05-20 at 09:36.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Colt quit marking some of them with a C in 2017-2019. There is a new batch of C marked ones that got released in late 2019

You can buy new production C marked carriers if you look around the internet. I would replace your blank carrier.
    Why would you replace the blank carrier? Give him one GOOD reason.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast