Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No C Mark on Colt BCG: Deal Killer?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own Colt BCG's in the past that were Colts and were just fine. Non issue. No C

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    Why would you replace the blank carrier? Give him one GOOD reason.
    If you ever go to sell the gun, the buyer will figure that you, or somebody, swapped the C bolt carrier for el cheapo, and kill the sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If you ever go to sell the gun, the buyer will figure that you, or somebody, swapped the C bolt carrier for el cheapo, and kill the sale.
    Yes, in many cases with a discerning (read: anal) buyer that is true.

Having said that, I think the most important part is that the bolt is MPC marked. To me anyway, the bolt itself is the more critical component of the two.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I bought my 6920 a couple of years ago. Runs good so far. No C mark on carrier, but the bolt is MPC. When I got it, I called Colt. No, they wouldn't send me a C marked one. But it seems ok.
    You wasted any company's time with that nonsense? Color.me.shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Colt quit marking some of them with a C in 2017-2019. There is a new batch of C marked ones that got released in late 2019

You can buy new production C marked carriers if you look around the internet. I would replace your blank carrier.
    Wtf? Why?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCourier View Post
    My friend at work is wanting to sell me his Colt LE6920 for a pretty good price, it's unfired, new in box. It has a C marked upper, cage code barrel, and MPC marked bolt, but no C mark on the bolt carrier itself.

Colt aficionados, is this reflective at all of lesser quality compared to past 6920s, or is it good to go? I know he didn't pull the carrier, because I was with him when he bought the rifle new. I also know I've read of Colt not having marked their carriers in recent years.
    I would have started this thread with photos and "Look what I just bought!" Of course, I would have been spanked for an IG post, but by the time that happened, I'd be on sgammo.com checking out prices on ammo for my new AR.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I would have started this thread with photos and "Look what I just bought!" Of course, I would have been spanked for an IG post, but by the time that happened, I'd be on sgammo.com checking out prices on ammo for my new AR.
    EXACTLY

Feedback Score
    No worries. If you replace it with a "C" marked BCG it will not be original. A collector will know by the date of manufacture that it's not one of CD's "C" marked BCGs. You can tell by inspection and coating that it's a Colt Defense (CD). You can send it to me for having the best overall answer should you choose to be silly and replace it..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    Why would you replace the blank carrier? Give him one GOOD reason.

Provenance to prove the origin of the gun and its parts.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Provenance to prove the origin of the gun and its parts.
    If he replaced it, it wouldn’t be original provenance. Original is unmarked.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    If he replaced it, it wouldn’t be original provenance. Original is unmarked.

Both types are being shipped in current guns and there is no way to prove what it left the factory with.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast