Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No C Mark on Colt BCG: Deal Killer?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

No C Mark on Colt BCG: Deal Killer?

OP what forward sling mount is on the gun?

This is important.

Also your BCG is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Keep this about the topic at hand and leave your personal conflicts to PMs.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Both types are being shipped in current guns and there is no way to prove what it left the factory with.
    You can tell by date of production and inspection of BCG if it falls into the non C marked range. You can tell if someone slaps a non Colt BCG in. Colt BCGs have unique parts and finish. I’m not an expert on the older Colt parts, but the later stuff is easy for me to identify. I had some jerk sell me a “Colt” bolt On GB, after arguing over the second bolt neither were Colt I accepted a discount. Some folks know better, neck beards will always be out there committing fraud to make easy money. He seemed surprised I could tell the difference. He was selling a bunch of third party milspec parts for a premium claiming they are Colt. Sad.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    You can tell by date of production and inspection of BCG if it falls into the non C marked range. You can tell if someone slaps a non Colt BCG in. Colt BCGs have unique parts and finish. I’m not an expert on the older Colt parts, but the later stuff is easy for me to identify. I had some jerk sell me a “Colt” bolt On GB, after arguing over the second bolt neither were Colt I accepted a discount. Some folks know better, neck beards will always be out there committing fraud to make easy money. He seemed surprised I could tell the difference. He was selling a bunch of third party milspec parts for a premium claiming they are Colt. Sad.

Yes that is true. A non C marked carrier is made just like the C marked ones, except no C. The machining, finishes, and overall look are the same.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Colt M4 a bit ago and was trying to find out some info on it. It has the marking of LE40****and i can not find anything with this number. Any details or direction on where i can find info is appreciated.
    Last edited by Bubba__68; 03-24-20 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Probably your serial number. Colt's M4/6920 offerings aren't exactly various... What's it say on the box label.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba__68 View Post
    I picked up a Colt M4 a bit ago and was trying to find out some info on it. It has the marking of LE403379 and i can not find anything with this number. Any details or direction on where i can find info is appreciated.
    Post a picture. Include the rest of the markings. It appears you have a Law Enforcement model but I don’t recognize the rest. I’ve seen LEs with pencil, M4, and Hbars. Colt started putting LE in front of the serial at some point. It could be anything from a 6920 to a Law Enforcement model. The serial is not on record.
    Last edited by Core781; 03-24-20 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba__68 View Post
    I picked up a Colt M4 a bit ago and was trying to find out some info on it. It has the marking of LE403379 and i can not find anything with this number. Any details or direction on where i can find info is appreciated.
    That is your serial number, generally you don't want to post those on the internet.

I'm not a Colt expert by any means, one should be along soon, but I'll give it a shot: At one point the LE prefix meant law enforcement, I'm not sure now. The LE rifles are marked law enforcement carbine and I believe the later rifles had a Colt Defense rollmark.

Edit - clarity
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 03-24-20 at 19:10.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I can't find the box.. i must have pitched it. The owner manual has no model specifics. It does say Colt Defense above the Hartford Conn. It's an M4 Carbine CAL 5.56mm and there is a C on the right side with a small square icon. Other than that i cant see any other markings. I suspect it's a 6920, but I wouid have thought it would be stamped as such somewhere.

Feedback Score
    It must be a 6920 when they started marking them with the LE precursor. It should have a standard M4 barrel 16” and should not be marked Law Enforcement Government Use, or Sporter. In that case it’s a 6920 which is the gold standard in carbines. You can delete the serial from your posts but it’s already logged for all eternity sadly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast