Thread: Recommended Night Vision Dealers

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Recommended Night Vision Dealers

(Mods, if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move).

Alright guys, I've searched and can't seem to find anything (especially recent) here on M4C about who is or isn't good to go for night vision and night vision related equipment purchases.

With the cost of admission being so high, and the popularity of night vision seemingly increasing as of late, I figure gaining the combined wisdom and experience of those here on M4C would be wise.

For those of you with first hand experience; who have you used, and who would you recommend for night vision related purchases?

I've used TNVC for many purchases, and as of now they are the only retailer I've considered. I've had great experience with them in the past, but admittedly I haven't purchased any actual night vision devices from them. Before I drop almost $9k with them, I'd like to know what other options are available.

(As of right now, I firmly have my eyes set on an RNVG w/ L3 White Phosphor tubes.)

Searching the web lately, there appears to be more dealers popping up than I remember seeing in the past, thus the question.

If it matters, my priorities (in order) are:

1. Image/Device quality
    2. Warranty
    3. Positive reviews
    4. Price

What say you, M4C?

(Also, if we had a dedicated Night Vision sub forum, that'd be greaaaat).

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    YUP more and more dealers / builders out there which is great for us as consumers. You mentioned TNVC which pretty much offers everything to some degree. There are other options as well and I have some thoughts knowing that you already know what you want. Not knowing what the M4 policy is on promoting those that might not be sponsors just send me a PM.

I get the RNVGs but believe you might be giving something up if you dont consider a goggle that offers articulation.

Pretty sure a sub form was recently discussed but for some reason it got shot down even though its a very fast growing segment.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    TNVC is amazing and you will get decent level spec tubes. I would also look at Steele industries. They allow you to pay for and pick out a specific tube spec and publish their minimum spec requirements and acceptable blem rates for each tube. So if you want duals and are ok with a fom rate of 1800 then pay less. If you want a fom rate of above 2100 then you can get into the 20UA tubes which will considerably raise your prices. I like the way they let the user decide and dictate the spec they are comfortable paying for.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    TNVC, I was very very happy with the WP tubes they supplied.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Recommended Night Vision Dealers

JRH enterprises is another great entity.

https://www.jrhenterprises.com/Night-Vision_c3.htm

Their BNVD system is

Also if you follow enough of the threads in TOS JRH dukes it with TNVC, the latter of which tends to play loose and fast a bit IMO with the subject matter. Granted they sponsor the NV forum over there so it’s expected. Their blow up over photonis tubes was hilarious though. Their lifetime warranty is pretty lame too if you read the fine print.

OP of your paying 6k then go RNVG with photonis tubes. You start getting up to 9/10k then there may be better value in other systems like the earlier mentioned BNVD, the new RNVG minis (these look cool as hell).

I have RNVGs I love them but if I were buying again now I’d probably be leaning toward RNVG minis.

Also an NV subsection would be sweet. Some of us tried for that awhile back but it didn’t get enough traction.

ETA: don’t get lost falling down the spec rabbit whole. If you can swing an extra 4K for tubes is there a observable difference between ultra high end un filmed L3 WP stuff and WP photonis? Sure, under some conditions. But is it worth the extra $$$? Eh. I’d call JRH and talk their ear off. They’ll match tubes to your desired spec once you decide as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 02-05-20 at 11:17.