Thread: Chinese scope

Feedback Score

Chinese scope

I dug our a Chinese scope that was part of an A2 carbine purchase several years ago, I had kind of forgotten about it, probably thought it was worthless junk and stashed it away.

I think I tried it quickly with the carbine then, but don’t remember how it performed, so I decided to mount it on my SP1 rifle and to take it to the range.

Guess the previous owner was embarrassed by it’s provenance

At the range, 50 meters indoor with a rest bag

It performed surprisingly well, although 50 meters isn’t much of a distance, so I’ll have to try it at the 300 meters outdoor range in the spring.

I’d prefer an original vintage Colt, but I never found one in good condition at a decent price. And the Brownells repro is quite expensive here (Switzerland)

The SP1 carbine with open sights performed almost as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might look for the Cherokee cheek pieces with the caveats that the fixed version is for an A2 stock so it would need a modification for the sling look and not sure if the CAR version was based on the polymer N or alloy telestock body(in addition to a model they produced for the later M4 stock.

Feedback Score
    A cheap scope these days probably isn't the same as a cheap scope from 10-15 years ago. The general level of quality has improved as optics technology has advanced.

Feedback Score
    I had one of these from Brownells for awhile. It was nicely made, but I simply couldn't find a comfortable spot for a cheek weld, nor a good focus. It just didn't work for me, so I returned it.
    A buddy has one and likes his.
    So the answer is "it just depends."
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to have an old Colt 3X scope, it was made in Japan.

Feedback Score
    I purchased this AR from a co-worker strapped for cash back in 2017.
    A2 upper with an E.R. Shaw 11.5" bbl, came with the scope. Cheap RGuns lower and a 2 position aluminum stock. Perhaps he was going for an IDF clone?
    The scope was/is a Barska, and has the same BDC dial.
    Don't know, but for $300, it was mine.
    I've changed it to an A3, and added a G.I. removable carry handle. It's pretty loud, but very accurate @ 100.

mini gun.jpg
    Last edited by Charlie Whiskey; 05-02-20 at 05:54.

Feedback Score
    I wanted it to work, and got mine from a Brownells 'notify me' deal, $300 IIRC. But my M16A1 clone is all Colt NOS save for the NoDak lower, and I really didn't want to mess with it. Those things have a feel, and an importance, that is hard to describe.
    I never had to run thru' the jungle with the one the Gummint gave me in '70, but it must be something for a 'Nam vet to handle.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I’ve got one of the Brownells retro models. Only been able to use it at 100 yards so far but it is a notch above nothing. I use it on a carbine only since the eye relief is very short and I usually have to have the stock set on the second notch to use it.
    Never forget every word you spoke when you took your oath of office.

Feedback Score
    A 'notch above nothing', huh? LOL!
    The eye relief may have been the issue, and I was using an A1 stock; couldn't crawl the stock enough to get good eye relief.
    Moon