Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT SPM16 or Colt LE6920?

Feedback Score

LMT SPM16 or Colt LE6920?

I’m trying to decide between getting a new Colt 6920 or an LMT SPM16. Both are at a similar price point. From what I hear the LMT comes with a semi automatic bolt carrier and standard buffer and they don’t parkerize under the FSB. But on the other hand I see many talk about LMT as being a very high quality combat worthy rifle with government contracts. Anyone have any ideas on which is higher quality/would be the most reliable?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Unnecessary comparison.

Both are reputable companies and any quibbles on either have zero impact on anyone not using in a governmental unit.

Colt is the standard, so that is the easy choice, but you can make up your mind if there is something more appealing about having the LMT. Or, if you already have a Colt... Basically, Colt is the standard and the right choice if you don’t have one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I believe LMT has a better bolt. Not their enhanced bolt I’m talking about either. Thier standard bolt has chamfers on the lugs or something like that.

Colt makes them they way they always have been. No real improvements in their guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I thought you were getting another Daniel defense.

Feedback Score
    My brother has a spm16. He sent it to ADCO and has the barrel cut down to 14.5" he runs the enhanced BCG and a H2. It's probably the nicest shooting gas gun I personally have shot. I mean it is lights out.

I always hear people wondering about the enhanced BCG, with the 14.5" barrel and a .0625 gas port that gun ejects all spent brass into a neat pile at 4:30 almost 4:45. Never had a failure and the rifle is very high quality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I RARELY say this, but you need a serious case of "use the search function". You just had a thread locked for something very similar. This question, and many more, have been rehashed here dozens of times.

Daniel Defense isn't good enough. LMT isn't good enough. For you buddy, no manufacturer will ever please you.

Feedback Score
    Here we go again...

Anybody ever had or know a guy who's had or even heard of any kind of issue ever with a Colt or LMT? Post it now so these highly reputable manufacturers too can be crossed off the list.

OP: Consider Qantas ARs -- they're the only one who've never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I read here of an LE6960-CCU being received with the rail's bolts loose (or possibly missing entirely).

Another one may have had its handguard not timed perfectly.

Yep, Colt is crap (except for mine), so the OP might as well buy some rocks, which are known to be quite reliable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I read here of an LE6960-CCU being received with the rail's bolts loose (or possibly missing entirely).

Yep, Colt is crap (except for mine), so the OP might as well buy some rocks, which are known to be quite reliable.
    Alas, Euro's had some LMT probs; cross that one of the list and let's lock this one up and call it a night. Tomorrow's another manufacture...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...arbage-ass-LMT

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ing&highlight=

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

Might have been my 6920 Trooper that arrived with the bolts in the rail snapped off.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast