Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LMT SPM16 or Colt LE6920?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Link to podcast was posted on the forum. Wasn't that long ago. Both kids down with flu so so not enough time to search right now.

But, it's out there for all to hear.
    I hope your kids are getting better.

I found the podcast and actually listened to the whole thing, which is rare for me.

I probably misunderstood, but my impression was when they talked of temp employees they were talking about their shipping department during the holidays.

At about 1:01 of the 1:52 long podcast I started jotting down notes. If you have read any of my posts about PSA you know that I'm not a fanboi per se, it's just that I hate folks who make statements which they can't/won't substantiate, or just flat make up. Because of this mindset there were a couple of things that I jotted down, with perhaps the biggest being:

FN barrels - 'they aren't seconds' 'they don't drill the gas ports to our specs' 'we don't tell them hey make these over-gassed'

They admitted that the growth of the company, which was a happenstance of starting just as President Obama was elected, had caused them some issues with QC and shipping in the past.

As an example, it was stated that they are shipping 1500 uppers a week and can make 2,000 (if I got that right). During the craze after President Obama was elected, they were making and shipping as fast as they could and QC wasn't as good.

At this point the volume of sales to repair ratio has been steadily dropping due to the improved QC measures which have been put into place over the last several years - when the new CEO came on board.

They have a 24 to 48 hour response time for emails due to volume, which they and the folks on the podcast indicated was within industry norms. One problem is that folks often send numerous emails within that window, and that leads to delays as they try to sort through things.

Currently they are averaging seven days for repairs.

One of the problems they mentioned was the desire to have a stable workforce rather than hiring folks during Holiday rushes and then laying them off during the down periods.

Seriously, if you have time to listen to the podcast which was linked I think you'll find it interesting and informative.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-19-20 at 16:26.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456