Thread: Surefire SOCOM: will it mount to legacy FH556?

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)

Surefire SOCOM: will it mount to legacy FH556?

I've heard answers both ways and am seeking clarification from anyone who can confirm:

Will the SOCOM cans mount to the last generation 5.56 flash hider? Specifically the FH556-215.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a B&T flash hider that the Surefire mounts too. It also spins with out there being the little male notch on the device.

Where this female notch is on the suppressor it now leaks gas through there as there is nothing in the void. Short term its not a big deal, long term that empty notch in the suppressor would fill with carbon and be a pain to clean. Likely why they would say its not compatible.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Where this female notch is on the suppressor it now leaks gas through there as there is nothing in the void. Short term its not a big deal, long term that empty notch in the suppressor would fill with carbon and be a pain to clean.
    I’m guessing this is speculation on your part because I use 2 Socom suppressors exclusively with legacy muzzle devices “long term” and neither notch fills with carbon nor requires cleaning.

I prefer the legacy adapters as IF the suppressor gets stuck, which rarely happens as I remove them warm, I can turn the suppressor on the device to break it loose.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, you are correct I have not shot it long term on there after seeing where the gas was leaking.

The idea of being able to twist it to remove is smart, I hadn't thought of that.

Does the void in the suppressor ever fill with carbon from the passing gas, or do you just find it easy to clean? Does it easily attached to a new mount with the indexing notch after shooting it on a legacy mount?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    See pic. I’ve never cleaned either and both have a few thousand rounds each. Don’t know the answer to your last question as I only use legacy mounts. The notch doesn’t appear to be filling up though. Not sure if it’s worth mentioning, but if I needed to twist one off, I’d do so clockwise to eliminate the possibility of loosening the mount.

E06FCF94-1B2D-42DE-BFF7-718835847475.jpg

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hkbeltfed, thank you very much for taking the time to post those pictures.

It is very reassuring to me and I will continue to use that mount. It does not look filled up in there at all.