Thread: Red Dot sale 14% off at optics planet ends Feb 10th - Code: WDRD

Feedback Score

Red Dot sale 14% off at optics planet ends Feb 10th - Code: WDRD

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The code also works on some riflescopes, like the Vortex Razor G2 1-6x.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So after ordering the romeo5x i got this email. Its my 1st time ordering from them and was wondering if this was normal?

Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you for ordering:
    ==================================================================
    Sig Sauer ROMEO5 X Compact Red Dot Sight, 1x20mm, 0.5 MOA, 2 MOA Red Dot, 1 x AAA Battery, Picatinny/Co-Witness Mounts, Black, SOR52101 $179.49
    ==================================================================
    We apologize, but your order has temporarily been placed on hold. Prior to shipping your order, we need to verify that the ordered item(s) will not be leaving the United States without the valid authorization or export license issued by the U.S. Government. Please answer the following questions (by responding to this email) to aid in processing your order:

1) Who is the end user of the product(s) you have ordered?

2) What is the end use of the product(s) you have ordered?

3) Where is the final destination of the product(s) you have ordered? (Please respond with a city and country)

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Once we receive this information (via fax at (847) 919-3003 or email at RM@OpticsPlanet.com), we will continue processing your order.

Please note that your order is currently on HOLD. We would greatly appreciate a response within 14 days of the original status update email. If we do not hear from you by then, we will proceed with the cancellation of your order. Unfortunately, the cancellation of your order may result in reallocation of this item(s) to another customer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

If you have any further questions, feel free to check our FAQ page at http://www.opticsplanet.com/restrictions-faq.html or contact us.

Thank you for your prompt response. Have a great day!

Best regards,
    OpticsPlanet.com Risk Management Team

Export control laws and regulations are complex. Any summaries of such laws and regulations provided by OpticsPlanet.com herein are not comprehensive and are not to be taken as legal advice or counseling.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I've ordered from them many times and never received an email like that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That’s weird. I’ve never seen that either.

And thanks for the heads up on the coupon. Think I’ll use it to pick up the RMR I’ve been wanting.
    Last edited by 604flyer; 02-06-20 at 07:43.

Feedback Score
    So I had hit 'Reply' instead of sending it to their risk management department & didnt receive an email today so I thought Id call and get this sorted. The rep said I needed to email that RM department, I asked her if she could forward my email to that department or help me with this and she said no. I asked if she could cancel the order and Id take my business elsewhere, kinda thinking she'd try to save the sale, nope.

Kinda sorry I started this thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's unusual. I'm not a regular there, though I have bought two items there in the last year and they were fine, never saw anything like this.

I do recall some mild controversy about them in the past, it was something about they had a bad rep for posting big 'sales', then you'd buy something, and then they'd start playing games (not in stock, backordered, blah blah). Basically sucking you in with great sounding prices, but the website not reflecting current reality on their inventory, and they'd conveniently neglect to mention that until aFTER your order. Not sure if they still do that, what you saw seems a little similar to the past reports. But again, I didn't experience this on my 2 purchases in the last year, they were totally fine.

Feedback Score
    Midwayusa saves the day

midwayusa saves the day.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    So after ordering the romeo5x i got this email. Its my 1st time ordering from them and was wondering if this was normal?
    Never got one like that before.

More often than not, the post-order email I get from Optics Planet says that the item I ordered is on back-order (after they took my money) and they will email me when it ships.

Feedback Score
    i've got that message from them several times when i have placed orders while overseas. i had to answer the question by email. delayed shipping for a week. i guess their security detected i was on an overseas network.