Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 93 R

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mack Bolan. One of my favorite book series when I was growing up. He frequently used a Beretta 93. Put that gun on the map for me!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Mack Bolan. One of my favorite book series when I was growing up.
    Oh yeah, I haven't heard that name for a long time.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Probably top of my list for unobtainium. Random picture I’ve had on my phone for a long time (not mine):

“God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Back in the day, when time was young and so was I, Richie Solberg, the future president of Milkor USA (with the 40mm rotary grenade launcher contract for the Marines) was a local to me sales rep for a gun company or two and a class 3 dealer. He held a range day event and told me that if I brought my own ammo I could play with the toys. I shot both a 93R and a G18 for the first time (but not the last) that day. IT WAS AWESOME!

The 93R has that folding front grip and the purpose of the extra large trigger guard is not actually for gloves (though it also really helps with that) it is actually intended that you hook your support hand thumb through the trigger guard so you can apply a more useful downward torque. This saved me from the possibility of shooting my fingers off when the folding grip came lose!! That was a small scale oh shit moment. Fortunately, no harm no foul, it was readily solved and we were able to keep rocking.

I think the G18 is significantly superior, however the 93R has that 70's/80's old school cool about it.

I think I need a mustache, a neck chain, an open shirt, and some chest hair next time I shoot one!

TED

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123