Thread: Danner Acadia MNT

Feedback Score

Danner Acadia MNT

Purchased Danner Acadia MNT boots. These things are built like a tank but with major flaws. When my ankle flexes forward the tongue bunches up and digs into the front of my ankle. This is extremely painful over a short time wearing them. They are completely unbearable for my feet, any suggestions as I’m out $350 on boots I cannot wear.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    What about changing the pattern for the laces? Check YouTube for lacing mountaineering boots. That may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    What about changing the pattern for the laces? Check YouTube for lacing mountaineering boots. That may help.
    2nd the recommendation on lacing patterns.

Certain boots for me tighten up too much around the ankle if I have them laced properly for the instep.

REI showed me one lacing pattern that helped quite a bit. It's essentially an overhand knot with an extra wrap or two where the laces cross where the instep ends and the ankle starts. They call it a lock.

This allows you to run the insteps laced a bit tighter then the ankle area. Or in my case, prevents the instep from loosening and the ankle getting too tight.

I have more of an issue with this on 8 inch boots then ankle height.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Definitely try a new lacing pattern as this should help. But my danners also kill my feet and haven't been able to break them in.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    How long have you been wearing them? I use Danner work boots and they seem to take a week or so to break in.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response