Thread: Pistol purchasing queue?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Pistol purchasing queue?

The linked thread has got me thinking that a backup to each of my most used handguns is my next goal.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...sing-procedure

Consider I'm good on long guns (4), shotguns (2), carbines (3) and a multitude of spare wear parts, 22 rifles (3), mags for everything, ammo and food/water/gas storage for a month long ordeal. I feel I'm lacking when it comes to my hand guns on hand...no pun intended.

What I have:
    G19 gen 3 with 8 mags, spare trigger, recoil spring, and ejector
    Shield 40 with only 2 mags
    Colt 1911 45 ACP with 8 mags
    S&W bodyguard 380 (my edc) with only 2 mags and spare spings, ejector, slide catch
    Ruger LCP 380 (wife's purse gun) only 1 mag
    Ruger GP 100 357 mag

My queue to purchase:
    G19 gen 4 (so most spare parts and mags will work with my gen 3)
    G22 (to have another 40 cal but full size)
    Shield 9mm (to have another 9mm, but matching subcompact frame as my shield 40 cal)
    1911 (Kimber? no need to break the bank on a masterpiece)
    Glock 48 or 43x (because I held them at LGS the other day and really like the size, grip and over all feel

What order would you make your queue?

Then it's onto more desires than necessities
    22 lever action
    Remington 870
    Alaska 44 mag
    another long range rifle
    start building some of my AR-15 lowers
    Last edited by matemike; 02-19-20 at 07:55.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I'd duplicate my daily carry/"go to" pistol. The G19 is at top of your list, I assume that is "it".

Commonality of equipment is my preference as I'm a "KISS" proponent.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This thread is hurting my head...Don't get me wrong, it's a great question, but I can't help it...I have to grammer nazi you.
    Que = "what" in spanish.
    A list of thing in a defined order is a queue

Whew...Ok, I feel better.

I'd order your queue like this:
    G19
    G43x/48
    G22
    Shield 9

Skip the 1911 and sell the Bodyguard. Get another LCP and a half-dozen more mags. Skip the 870 and buy a Beretta 1301 instead.

For me personally, I'm pretty much set up with good quality primaries and secondaries, so my queue is all fun guns and range toys. I'm trying to make gun stuff fun again...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glock 19 - as above, recommended first purchase. Two Glock 19s should serve you just fine for a 30ish day disaster, or one that lasts years for that matter. Everything else is more "desire" i think.

Glock 22 - .40 seems to be less common now, but if you like it and want another and have a ton of ammo, there are some surplus law enforcement G22s available for some good prices. Heck buy two.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post

I'd order your queue like this:
    G19
    G43x/48
    G22
    Shield 9

sell the Bodyguard. Get another LCP and a half-dozen more mags.
    fixed the misspellings. oops, thanks

I like the order you put my list in. But why sell the BG and get another LCP? In fact I might do the exact opposite of that since I prefer the BG over the LCP. It locks back after last shot, I can manipulate the slide and mag release easier, it has better sights, overall I shoot it better, therefore I carry it more.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain