Thread: Who REALLY makes this belt?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Who REALLY makes this belt?

Browsing Amazon and saw this chicom belt. The buckle looks interesting and would like to try it. Any ideas who really makes this belt/buckle?

https://www.amazon.com/JUKMO-Tactica...-84&th=1&psc=1

Attachment 60752
    Last edited by Bluto; 02-06-20 at 09:24.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    Yeah, I know its a junk Chinese copy. I have no intentions of supporting counterfeiters. I'm trying to find out who the real manufacturer is so that I can buy the real deal.

Feedback Score
    It looks like a cheap knockoff of the austrialpin cobra buckle. But with a weird top lever release.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Google Cobra belt or mini cobra belt for a number of suppliers of tactical webbing belts. The best one's I've used are Wilderness and Wilder Tactical, but I'm sure the other big name brands make one as well (tactical tailored, PIG, LAV, MagPul, etc....).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    It looks like a cheap knockoff of the austrialpin cobra buckle. But with a weird top lever release.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Google Cobra belt or mini cobra belt for a number of suppliers of tactical webbing belts. The best one's I've used are Wilderness and Wilder Tactical, but I'm sure the other big name brands make one as well (tactical tailored, PIG, LAV, MagPul, etc....).
    This thread is several days old, but I think the top lever release is what he was interested in. It certainly looks to be faster adjusting than a standard cobra buckle.

The problem I'd see is that that lever release can't have much of a fall rating. As far as that goes, the counterfeit cobra buckle probably doesn't either. But then again, most of us probably aren't using them for extraction, rappelling or climbing.

I thought it might be worth looking at for casual tacticool wear. To me this was the best review:

I bought this belt to wear as an inner belt while on duty. I've had it for approximately one week. Given that I've had my fair share of inner belts over 17 years, I believe my assessment is objective and honest.

I like the cobra locking system. I have another brand belt with the same system in coyote brown so I bought this one in black because of dress code regs.

The good:

-Locking system is strong and easy to
    lock and unlock.

- The fastening tab is not flimsy and
    stays in place through a whole
    shift.

- The buckle is just as thick as an
    ordinary belt buckle with a
    smooth finish and feel.

The bad:

- As you may be able to see in the pic,
    the material is not thick and
    therefore easy to bend and
    twist.

- The elastic loop keeper comes off
    every time when you take the belt
    off the pants. Not a big deal to me
    as I tuck the excess towards the
    inside of the belt.
    However, it may be an important
    feature to you.

I didn't count the buckle not being able to go through common size belt loops as a negative because that information is outlined in the description.

Because of all the cons mentioned above, I can only recommend this belt to be used just as a regular belt or an inner belt.

This belt SHOULD NOT be used as a gun belt where one depends on a holster clip to catch and allow for a smooth an unimpeded weapon draw.

I gave it 3 stars because this product is marketed as a tactical belt. There is nothing tactical about it. A tac or gun belt is 2 or 3 times sturdier. If this was sold as a regular belt I'd have given it 4.5 stars. Not 5 because of the elastic loop keeper.

Incase you are open to other options, these are dynamite belts: http://patroltacsystems.com/discreet-operations-belt/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Who REALLY makes this belt?

I bought one because I can always use another cheap belt. I know it’s Chinese, but so’s a lot of stuff in our life. What I discovered when cinching it down was that there is elastic in this belt. Not a big deal for work or general around the house stuff, but I probably wouldn’t use it as a gun belt. After going back and looking at the description I found another like it. I ordered it too and it is a stiffer non-elastic material.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081ZVTCVZ...t_b_asin_image
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 02-15-20 at 13:48.