Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide. Glock 26 or 43x

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    You've had them on and off for 12 years but now won't own one? This is a pretty confusing post all around
    Not to speak for 17K but I think he means hes had them and each time there were issues, which led him to sell but eventually try another.

I've had similar experience with other guns. Have had certain models that didn't work out for whatever reason only to later buy another and get rid of it for the same or other reasons. Glock 40S&W and Sig 228 come to mind. Probably had at least a dozen G22/23 and at least 5 228s

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Not to speak for 17K but I think he means hes had them and each time there were issues, which led him to sell but eventually try another.

I've had similar experience with other guns. Have had certain models that didn't work out for whatever reason only to later buy another and get rid of it for the same or other reasons. Glock 40S&W and Sig 228 come to mind. Probably had at least a dozen G22/23 and at least 5 228s
    Yeah that is what I was curious about. If I don't like something, I generally don't buy it again.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the 43X being available, the only current advantage to a 26 is the ability to use 15 and 17 round magazines as a spare.

Although I have no experience with them, Shield Arms 15 round mags for the 43X/48 seem to be reliable.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    I want to pick up a new carry gun. I making the transition over to 9 mm form .40. I currently have two Glock 22s, a Glock 27, and a 19. I currently carry the Glock 27 IWB And the thickness does not bother me or print. One is concern with the Glock 43 is that due to the longer grip length it would be more likely to print. Another concern I have is with the 43 or 43X do you lose magazine compatibility With the full size 9 mm.
    Anybody went with the 43X and just didn’t care for it?
    If the thickness of a g26 dosent bother you I would just get a good holster and carry the g19. Raptor claw or whatever its called does wonders for tucking in the bottom of the frame.

Feedback Score
    I grabbed a 26 when they first came out. I hated the floating pinky grip. With plus two mag extensions I love it.

I don’t see or feel the benefit of going a hair narrower.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think the main value in a 26 is that it shares mags with its bigger brothers. There are times when this is a big advantage. For daily carry though I run a 19, 48 or 43x. Picked up a 43x slide off gun broker and can choose slide length dependent upon need on the 48 frame. Love me the 26 though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I would personally go with the G26. Can accept G19, G17 and G18 mags. Also has more common parts the the 43X
    This.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought a 43x last summer but recently traded it off and went to a 26. The 43x is a great gun. Mine was accurate and 100 percent reliable.

However I could never get it to shoot up ro my liking/standards when shooting faster multi shot drills. I have pretty large hands and just found the grip just a bit too narrow.

I recently picked up a Gen5 26 and that little thing shoots great. I rub a pinky extender and find the grip far mor comfortable. I can control the gun better when running drills.

I live in north Phoenix so concealment really isn't a big concern for me. For 15 years I just carry OWB and throw my T-shirt over the gun. If I need to be more discreet I just take my S&W 442.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Regular poster on P-F, decided to start posting on here as well. I think the decision depends on several factors. Usually the biggest gripe for people who do not choose the G26 is due to the two-finger grip. Some people just can’t get past the mental block of not having their pinky on the grip. I think the design of the grip actually aids in overall accuracy, but that is a much longer discussion.

For me, the G26 ended up being the best “all-weather” carry gun because I don’t dress around my CCW and I prefer to carry and train with the same gun all year. Prior to the G26 I mostly carried the G19 so I have a lot of mags and other accessories that work with my G26 pistols. Over the past few years my accuracy with a G26 have surpassed my ability with a G19 and my draw times now rival it.

I’ve toyed with the idea of picking up a 43X for fun, but I’ve just been putting the cash towards more ammo.

The Glock 26 Gen 5 is a very capable pistol.

F3BB8534-2D5D-4416-BD62-9AB14BB21EBF.jpg
    Last edited by GAP; 02-22-20 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    I want to pick up a new carry gun. I making the transition over to 9 mm form .40. I currently have two Glock 22s, a Glock 27, and a 19. I currently carry the Glock 27 IWB And the thickness does not bother me or print. One is concern with the Glock 43 is that due to the longer grip length it would be more likely to print. Another concern I have is with the 43 or 43X do you lose magazine compatibility With the full size 9 mm.
    Anybody went with the 43X and just didn’t care for it?
    Yes, I had one for about six months, but traded it off. The pistol was just fine, and shot well, but I have large hands, and it was just too narrow for me to keep a good grip on the gun.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast