Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me decide. Glock 26 or 43x

Feedback Score

Help me decide. Glock 26 or 43x

I want to pick up a new carry gun. I making the transition over to 9 mm form .40. I currently have two Glock 22s, a Glock 27, and a 19. I currently carry the Glock 27 IWB And the thickness does not bother me or print. One is concern with the Glock 43 is that due to the longer grip length it would be more likely to print. Another concern I have is with the 43 or 43X do you lose magazine compatibility With the full size 9 mm.
    Anybody went with the 43X and just didn’t care for it?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    I want to pick up a new carry gun. I making the transition over to 9 mm form .40. I currently have two Glock 22s, a Glock 27, and a 19. I currently carry the Glock 27 IWB And the thickness does not bother me or print. One is concern with the Glock 43 is that due to the longer grip length it would be more likely to print. Another concern I have is with the 43 or 43X do you lose magazine compatibility With the full size 9 mm.
    Anybody went with the 43X and just didn’t care for it?
    For sleekness and concealability the 43 is better.

For everything else, the 26 is better. You already have a 27, so you are aware of how it carries, the manipulations of the gun, etc. The 26 also shoots more like a 19 (I run magpul 12-rounders in mine for that extra pinky purchase) and you can carry 15, 17 or hell even 33 rounders as spares. I thought the 43 would replace my 26, but as I have well voiced on here, I do not like the 43 at all. Other than how thin it is. YMMV.

Or you could go wild and get a 9mm barrel, and G26 mags for your 27. It would save you some money for ammo and more magazines.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Wait for the 43X Rail version to hit the States. That, combined with a Shield Arms 15rd mag will make it a G19 in a more concealable form factor. Add a threaded barrel, small weaponlight, comp and micro dot and you have a mini Roland special.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're sticking with G27 mags then I'd go with the 43X. If you routinely used G23/22 mags then go with the 26.

BTW, there are 15 round steel mags for the 43X. Constantly out of stock until supply catches up though. You'd also need an aftermarket mag release for that.
    Last edited by Arik; 02-06-20 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    I’d go Glock 26 with the pinky extensions on the mags, too many advantages imo.

Feedback Score
    I would stick with what you know works for you (G26). I pick my double stack over single stack every time unless I'm wardrobe limited and it just doesn't work.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Has anyone found themselves in a situation where Glock 26 wouldn't conceal where 43x would?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes. I have my G26 listed for sale here because G48 conceals better for me.

Feedback Score
    Well try to find it maybe take a look at it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    G26 with the right holster like the JM Custom with the metal belt clips. The holster is set up so the clips are on both sides of the body, so it lessens the bulk of the rig. This is the AIWB. The single clip type can get thick. I have one for my 48, just haven't picked up one for the 26 or the Sig X compact which I have been rocking. You will find that the shorter grip on the 26 does help a lot. I always carried mine with a flat bottom 10 rounder and a 17 as a spare. I would go with a G19 holster as it helps with "tilting" of the gun outwards plus the G19 option. The JM does have a wedge option that pushes the bottom out, I never used mine as it was to bulky at the base.

Ref the single clips, holster material matters. The Kydex ones can be bulky, a leather with metal clip is thin. Some manufacturers also "flare" the tops out too much on the kydex rigs and then the hardware compounds it. I still have my G19 leather/metal clip but in Florida, it's limited carry with the leather if I'm outside too long. It gets wet and takes a while to dry, same with leather belt.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast