Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me decide. Glock 26 or 43x

Feedback Score
    I’ll check out JM custom. I’ve been using a crossbreed for close to 10 years now. Might have to broaden my horizons there as well.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I will not be giving up my 19/26 in favor of 19X/48, I may have felt different 15-20 years ago, maybe. IMO the 19X/48 is a little too little a little too late. If you're starting for scratch or have exceptionally small hands YMMV.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Has anyone found themselves in a situation where Glock 26 wouldn't conceal where 43x would?
    No but I've never found myself in a situation where a G19 wouldn't conceal but a 26 would.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Has anyone found themselves in a situation where Glock 26 wouldn't conceal where 43x would?
    I have a G43 and S&W 442 for that.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I haven't found a place where a 19 wouldn't conceal but a 26 would. My EDC is almost exclusively AIWB and I carry a Glock 45 with a RMR and a comp. Try as I might I have yet to warm up to the 43X, but I'll be honest I don't shoot it near as much as I do the G45. The Shield mags make it a more attractive option but any time I choose to not carry a full sized gun I find myself wishing I had a full sized handgun. The G26 with the pinky extensions is essentially a G19 grip length so why give up the shootability and recoil impulse of the G19. The barrel length is the easiest part to conceal so if you're running a G26 with extensions, what's the reasoning for not just carrying a full sized handgun?
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    I know I am one of the few but I wish Glock would come out with a 19 slide on a 26 frame. I run my 27 with mag extension about half the time. I have never owned a mid size Glock.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop556 View Post
    I haven't found a place where a 19 wouldn't conceal but a 26 would. My EDC is almost exclusively AIWB and I carry a Glock 45 with a RMR and a comp. Try as I might I have yet to warm up to the 43X, but I'll be honest I don't shoot it near as much as I do the G45. The Shield mags make it a more attractive option but any time I choose to not carry a full sized gun I find myself wishing I had a full sized handgun. The G26 with the pinky extensions is essentially a G19 grip length so why give up the shootability and recoil impulse of the G19. The barrel length is the easiest part to conceal so if you're running a G26 with extensions, what's the reasoning for not just carrying a full sized handgun?
    I know I am one of the few but I wish Glock would come out with a 19 slide on a 26 frame. I run my 27 with mag extension about half the time. I have never owned a mid size Glock.
    I’m a big fan of the chopped grip G19. It would be nice to have a factory model like that. However, I hate where the “hump” is on a G26, which is how I arrived at the G19 grip chop in the first place.

I do find that the G26 mag with +2 extension conceals a little better than a G19, because the extension does not add much to the back of the grip. I carry strongside IWB, though.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    If you go with the G26, the 12 round Magpul magazines are excellent.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want to pick up a new carry gun. I making the transition over to 9 mm form .40. I currently have two Glock 22s, a Glock 27, and a 19. I currently carry the Glock 27 IWB And the thickness does not bother me or print. One is concern with the Glock 43 is that due to the longer grip length it would be more likely to print. Another concern I have is with the 43 or 43X do you lose magazine compatibility With the full size 9 mm.
    Anybody went with the 43X and just didn’t care for it?
    Have all of the above. Currently carrying the 43X more than the 26 FWIW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    Have all of the above. Currently carrying the 43X more than the 26 FWIW.
    That said, I *think* I still shoot the Gen5 G26 better for whatever reason. Carry this one from time to time as well (added Night Fision sights since)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast