Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide. Glock 26 or 43x

Feedback Score
    I would personally go with the G26. Can accept G19, G17 and G18 mags. Also has more common parts the the 43X

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’m a big fan of the chopped grip G19. It would be nice to have a factory model like that. However, I hate where the “hump” is on a G26, which is how I arrived at the G19 grip chop in the first place.

I do find that the G26 mag with +2 extension conceals a little better than a G19, because the extension does not add much to the back of the grip. I carry strongside IWB, though.
    You are definitely not alone Vic79. Unfortunately for us Glock does not listen to their customers until a couple of years after their competition has put out what we're asking for. The 30s is about the only exception to this I can think of but that was done years after guys had been marrying a 36 slide to their 30 frame.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've owned every 9mm Glock released. I no longer own a 26. If I could conceal a 26, I could conceal a 19. If I couldn't hide a 19, I likely was best served with a 43,43x,48.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I no longer own a 26. If I could conceal a 26, I could conceal a 19. If I couldn't hide a 19, I likely was best served with a 43,43x,48.
    This is truth

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I carry a 19 daily. I tried out a 43x but with the same grip length as a 19, it just didnt make sense to carry it over the 19. Plus I use the medium backstrap on the 19 and the thinner grip and length of pull on the 43x I didnt care for. I carried a 26 for a while with a factory +2, however, as already mentioned on here, its almost the size of 19 in that configuration. So I went 19, more capacity, more control, ease of reloads, sight radius, ease of draw, etc. Its not perfect but checks the most boxes for me....and you already have one. If you knew you were going to get in a gunfight but still had to conceal, would you bring a 19 or 43x or 43 or 26? So, being America, I wont dissuade you from buying a new gun. Id carry your 19 as your go-to and get a regular 43 just in-case you need something significantly smaller (which from a practical purpose a 26 and 43x/48 really are not)or want to carry a BUG.

Feedback Score
    I have a G19.4 , G26.3 and a G43x. I use what ever I feel like carrying that day. I don’t like using anything other than the Glock mag extensions. Had mag pull mags for the G26 but they wouldn’t drop fast enough. So I can configure the g26 to work. The G26 is my go to. I’m learning to shoot the G43x cause I’ve only shot the 19 26 for the last 20 years. The G43x is a awesome pistol. All 3 will work. But it’s all about how you dress.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Has anyone found themselves in a situation where Glock 26 wouldn't conceal where 43x would?
    I've had Glock 26s off and on for about 12 years. I've never found them to carry any better than a 19 Generally need to ise a longer holster anyway and the blocky end of the slide is the same size.

Couple that with all the reliability problems I've had with 26s and I won't own one

Feedback Score
    17K, just curious, which types of problems did you have with the G26? I had mine for a while. Always packed the 19. And i agree, the 19 packs the same as 26. with a better grips and 5 more rounds. Ended up selling the 26 after not carrying it for a long time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I've had Glock 26s off and on for about 12 years. I've never found them to carry any better than a 19 Generally need to ise a longer holster anyway and the blocky end of the slide is the same size.

Couple that with all the reliability problems I've had with 26s and I won't own one
    You've had them on and off for 12 years but now won't own one? This is a pretty confusing post all around
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    You've had them on and off for 12 years but now won't own one? This is a pretty confusing post all around
    What's confusing about I tried it a few times didn't like it, and don't want to own one?

I've tried a G26 three times and the 1st one was a Gen3 that was fine. The second two have been Gen5s and neither was reliable.

I found that they carry best in a 17 length holster and print just about as much as a 17K, so I didn't see any reason to carry the jamming little things.

I ordered the Gen5s from a large LE dealer in who wouldn't even take 'em back on trade for 17s because they said 1) nobody wants 'em, and 2) they're problematic and we don't like selling 'em.
    Last edited by 17K; 02-11-20 at 10:58.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast