Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lee Enfield No4 Mk 1 Scout Rifle build

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That reminds me, I’ve got a No4 receiver in the safe I need to something with. Always contemplated doing a modern Delisle, or a 45-70.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    That reminds me, I’ve got a No4 receiver in the safe I need to something with. Always contemplated doing a modern Delisle, or a 45-70.
    That would be so awesome. They only made like a couple hundred of those.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I saw a guy at a gun show last weekend walking around with a SOCOM 16. He had a red dot on the scout rail. Same as I had done to my Spanish Mauser. Thing is, I no longer have my .308 AR, and the Mauser only holds 5 rounds. Decided it was time for a change. The Mauser will get the scout scope from the No 4 Mk 1 Lee Enfield Scout Rifle, and the Lee Enfield, now sports the Romeo 5. I once again have a rifle that can serve as a "battle rifle" with .308 like power, and lightning fast red dot targeting. The Lee Enfield is also the quickest, smoothest bolt gun I have, it hold 10 rounds, and feeds with stripper clips. The 75+ year old trigger is smooth as glass, and it was shooting 2" groups with the scout scope. Plenty good for defensive use... and that seems to be a big thing these days.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I'm just never satisfied... I wanted to be able to use this Lee Enfield battle rifle with my suppressor. The one I don't have yet, but plan on getting one day... So, the barrel went from 18" to 16.5 to make room for a Warcomp. Almost all my guns have Surefire devices because that's the suppressor I plan on getting. I need to get a trust first though. I want it, on there, and I plan to transfer my SBR to it as well. Need to make it easier for my son in the future. Maybe put some other trusted family members on there as well. Still looks pretty traditional if you're not paying close attention, maybe a bit like a SOCOM 16 if you are.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Finally found a range that wasn't shut down due ti COVID... Had to crank up the dot a bit it was so sunny out, but it works for the most part. Of course starting with a 75+ year old rifle has it's interesting moments too. Today, she didn't feel like taking up that 10th round out of the magazine.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    If you ever decide you don't want that rifle, let me know. That is a nice setup.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I saw a guy at a gun show last weekend walking around with a SOCOM 16. He had a red dot on the scout rail. Same as I had done to my Spanish Mauser. Thing is, I no longer have my .308 AR, and the Mauser only holds 5 rounds. Decided it was time for a change. The Mauser will get the scout scope from the No 4 Mk 1 Lee Enfield Scout Rifle, and the Lee Enfield, now sports the Romeo 5. I once again have a rifle that can serve as a "battle rifle" with .308 like power, and lightning fast red dot targeting. The Lee Enfield is also the quickest, smoothest bolt gun I have, it hold 10 rounds, and feeds with stripper clips. The 75+ year old trigger is smooth as glass, and it was shooting 2" groups with the scout scope. Plenty good for defensive use... and that seems to be a big thing these days.

love it and want!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, you ended up with a bolt action Springfield M1a Socom? Lol.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Pretty much... but mine looks prettier... and nobody else has one like it.

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    You sound...envious!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast