Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-14 guys.....would you go for this stock?

Feedback Score

M-14 guys.....would you go for this stock?

https://threeriverswoodstocks.com/st...nov_Stock.html

At first I was like .

Then as I looked at it more, I was like .

I personally would leave the USGI fiberglass handguard on mine and not use the wooden one. I'm a lefty so it would have to be ambi, i.e. cheek piece flips to both sides and the pistol grip portion is not cut with a "ledge" or thumbrest on the left side. I wonder about the strength of the stock in the two narrow pieces that lead into the buttstock.

Other than the concerns I just listed, I think it might be pretty cool, filling both an ergonomic as well as "cool factor" role.

Edit: there is only one pic I have found online where someone could see the stock with a rifle inserted. It's a Facebook pic so it won't let me link it here for some reason.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-06-20 at 20:17.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the more traditional look of an M-14

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    NEGATIVE. Ugly as hell, imo.
    " Be NOT ye afraid of them..
    Remember the Lord, for He is GREAT & TERRIBLE!
    FIGHT for your bretheren..for your sons & for your daughters,
    for your wives & for your households"!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It's your money, but I don't see anything particularly compelling about this stock.
    " Political tags — such as [...], communist, democrat, [...], fascist, liberal, conservative, [...] — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. "
    - Robert Heinlein -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    No, if I wanted a pistol grip I would hold out for a Vltor or Sage and I prefer the Vltor as the Sage is just too damn fat on the front end.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's cool, and if I had multiple M14's I would. I am content with my 18.5" LRB M25 and really don't see the need for a second. After trying multiple stocks I have settled on the Wolfe Mod Fib for my LRB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    It's cool, and if I had multiple M14's I would. I am content with my 18.5" LRB M25 and really don't see the need for a second. After trying multiple stocks I have settled on the Wolfe Mod Fib for my LRB.
    I have two. The LRB will remain traditional but my SA could *possibly* see that stock as a new home. Not sure yet though.

Not sure what it is about that stock but it struck a chord with me for some reason. I emailed the company about it being ambidextrous or not but haven't heard back. *If* I get one it won't be very soon but it is definitely a consideration.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They should make the M14E2 stock. Even without the forward grip and backplate I think it would do really well.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    I have a USGI fiberglass stock on my early Springfield with all TRW components M1A rifle. You can get a nice military fiberglass stock for a lot less. A guy on gunbroker, Antique Military has a lot of USGI fiberglass stocks for sale that he personally has re-finished then sells for very little considering what they are. They look nice as is or you can use them for your build to stiffen up them up with kevlar wrap or bedding etc.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844654198

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/846375140

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I remember Freds had boatloads of M14 Fiberglass and wood stocks back in the 90's (?). For some reason, I never ordered an E2 stock for my Springfield M1A from them when they were available which I regret. I tried several E2 stocked M1As and they definitely do make the gun feel differently and ,for me at least, more comfortable to shoot. That Three Rivers stocks looks interesting and might feel better than an E2, if your funds allow for it go for it! Certainly will be different on firing line!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast