Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-14 guys.....would you go for this stock?

Feedback Score

M-14 guys.....would you go for this stock?

https://threeriverswoodstocks.com/st...nov_Stock.html

At first I was like .

Then as I looked at it more, I was like .

I personally would leave the USGI fiberglass handguard on mine and not use the wooden one. I'm a lefty so it would have to be ambi, i.e. cheek piece flips to both sides and the pistol grip portion is not cut with a "ledge" or thumbrest on the left side. I wonder about the strength of the stock in the two narrow pieces that lead into the buttstock.

Other than the concerns I just listed, I think it might be pretty cool, filling both an ergonomic as well as "cool factor" role.

Edit: there is only one pic I have found online where someone could see the stock with a rifle inserted. It's a Facebook pic so it won't let me link it here for some reason.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-06-20 at 20:17.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the more traditional look of an M-14

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    NEGATIVE. Ugly as hell, imo.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    It's your money, but I don't see anything particularly compelling about this stock.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No, if I wanted a pistol grip I would hold out for a Vltor or Sage and I prefer the Vltor as the Sage is just too damn fat on the front end.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's cool, and if I had multiple M14's I would. I am content with my 18.5" LRB M25 and really don't see the need for a second. After trying multiple stocks I have settled on the Wolfe Mod Fib for my LRB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    It's cool, and if I had multiple M14's I would. I am content with my 18.5" LRB M25 and really don't see the need for a second. After trying multiple stocks I have settled on the Wolfe Mod Fib for my LRB.
    I have two. The LRB will remain traditional but my SA could *possibly* see that stock as a new home. Not sure yet though.

Not sure what it is about that stock but it struck a chord with me for some reason. I emailed the company about it being ambidextrous or not but haven't heard back. *If* I get one it won't be very soon but it is definitely a consideration.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They should make the M14E2 stock. Even without the forward grip and backplate I think it would do really well.
    Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I remember Freds had boatloads of M14 Fiberglass and wood stocks back in the 90's (?). For some reason, I never ordered an E2 stock for my Springfield M1A from them when they were available which I regret. I tried several E2 stocked M1As and they definitely do make the gun feel differently and ,for me at least, more comfortable to shoot. That Three Rivers stocks looks interesting and might feel better than an E2, if your funds allow for it go for it! Certainly will be different on firing line!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast