Thread: What’s my Armalite AR-10 worth?

Feedback Score

What’s my Armalite AR-10 worth?

Years ago I built an Armalite AR-10 before the first Obama election and I never shoot the thing and was wondering what kind of value these things hold. It’s the model that takes proprietary mags so you can’t use the Magpul ones but I have a number of mags to go with it. It’s got a Magpul PRS stock, Armalite stage 2 match trigger, 20” barrel with a Troy handguard. It shoots absolutely lights out with the crappy Burris scope I have on there now (a holdover from early days when I didn’t like to spend on nice glass) and will shoot 3/4 groups on a regular basis.

Whenever I put this thing up for sale I’m just trying to get market value, not rip anyone off or get ripped off myself. These days I just find myself shooting my bolt guns more and would love to build a competition bolt gun instead of my light weight hunter builds that aren’t exactly the most fun to shoot all day.

Any help would be appreciated, been out of the game too long.
    Last edited by Life's a Hillary; 02-07-20 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    Not sure exactly but the defender models go for around 1k new. These are the basic version and don't have a better trigger, sick or handguard like your sample.

I would think used yours would be around 1200-1400

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Not sure exactly but the defender models go for around 1k new. These are the basic version and don't have a better trigger, sick or handguard like your sample.

I would think used yours would be around 1200-1400
    Thanks, that’s kinda what I figured. Probably missed the boat during the previous panic sales and with all the new 308 ARs coming out it doesn’t have the value it once did.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Saw one at a gun show last week asking $2199. No takers.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I’ll just hold onto it in case the election goes sideways. Worst case scenario I still have a pretty nice gun. Best case scenario I move it for a reasonable price. Could be worse options to have.