Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Sights With RMR Or No?

Feedback Score

Night Sights With RMR Or No?

I'm getting ready to send my G45 to AETI to get a RMR06 mounted. I'm going to get the Ameriglo suppressor height sights installed. What sights are you all getting? Night sight or not? Would the glow of the night sights be distracting in darkness or are they a help?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    I'm getting ready to send my G45 to AETI to get a RMR06 mounted. I'm going to get the Ameriglo suppressor height sights installed. What sights are you all getting? Night sight or not? Would the glow of the night sights be distracting in darkness or are they a help?
    I had normal "black" suppressor height sights installed on my CZ-07. I didn't see the need for the extra expense of Night Sights. I guess I'm trusting my RMR but if it goes down I still feel confident in any situation with the sights I have. Plus I always have a flashlight on me. I think that could be an issue with the "glow" of the night sights interfering. I'm sure others will chime in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All black for me as well. I’m only interested in one dot glowing in the window. I also run a wml so I generally see no need for night sights.

Feedback Score
    Those are both valid points. I'd have a WML as well, and I had wondered if the sights would be distracting.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All black preferred. Trijicon makes some tritium sights without the white ring making them much lower profile if you absolutely half to have night sights.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I used the Ameriglo suppressor height (3XL) on my G19, front only night sight with a white ring. If nothing else they make it easier to find the gun on my nightstand. I’m new to the pistol RDS world but I don’t even notice the iron sights when I’m focused on the dot.

Feedback Score
    Tritium on the front blade only for me.
    I had tried front and back... Not necessary for me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trying acquiring the dot quickly in the dark, from a compromised position like support hand, and you will quickly recognize the benefit of front and rear tritium BUIS. The tritium sights work like runway end identification lights leading an aircraft to the runway at night.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Trying acquiring the dot quickly in the dark, from a compromised position like support hand, and you will quickly recognize the benefit of front and rear tritium BUIS. The tritium sights work like runway end identification lights leading an aircraft to the runway at night.
    I second this.
    I run stock hight night sights, but if you practice... at all, there is no way to confuse a dull green dot for a bright red one.
    Like gjm is saying... drive it in with the night sights(peripherals), confirm with the dot.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I second this.
    I run stock hight night sights, but if you practice... at all, there is no way to confuse a dull green dot for a bright red one.
    Like gjm is saying... drive it in with the night sights(peripherals), confirm with the dot.
    Total agreement. Wouldn’t be without NS whether red dot or not - part of my “gotta have” gear.

The pendulum is swinging back regarding flashlights/weapon lights. In many (not all) situations they have proven to be excellent bullet magnets!!!!!!! “Flash” that flashlight - fire - then get the hell off the X!!!!!!

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast