Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallatin (Tennessee)-produced Berettas

Feedback Score

Gallatin (Tennessee)-produced Berettas

I've been hearing about the occasional (or maybe more frequent?) spotty QC on some Beretta handguns coming out of the Gallatin factory, generally poor machining and/or finishing. Although the guns seem to work reliably.

Anyone with any pro/con experiences with recent Tennessee production?

Feedback Score
    I had a Tomcat .32 made there. Looked really nice, nice machining.

Also had a Pico .380. I dont recall where it was made. TN or MD.

Either way after at least 300 rds through the Pico and 500 through the Tomcat neither were reliable enough for me to carry.

Too bad.

Weve got 3 or 4 Kel-tec P32 .32's and a few Italian Beretta M950 .25's in the family. All work great.
    Last edited by Ron3; 02-07-20 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve got, I think, 3 from TN. Two have small spots where the finish looks kinda globbed on. No functional issues, and I am happy with these guns. I probably would not have noticed if not for the new Beretta cleaning drill.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it does seem that there's been some issues with some of the new ones. I got an LTT here a couple weeks ago, and it's good to go. Seems it's best to be able to inspect before you buy on them. And I had to admit it, I am a fan of their products.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My LTT Elite (less than 50 serial number) is in good shape.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Since y’all mentioned the LTT, one of the ones I have with the minor finish imperfections is my LTT. It is still the pride of my pistol collection. Nothing to worry about.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I have a TN made M9A3, it is about as nice as can be in fit an finish.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What specifically is not totally kosher? I will look more in detail at mine and see if it has the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Since y’all mentioned the LTT, one of the ones I have with the minor finish imperfections is my LTT. It is still the pride of my pistol collection. Nothing to worry about.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    What specifically is not totally kosher? I will look more in detail at mine and see if it has the same issues.
    There are either chatter marks, or “paint” imperfections in some of the slide serration grooves. Same as my M9a3 and one of my Px4’s. You have to look pretty hard to notice. It was a silly thing for me to bring up, but my point was that some of my TN Berettas are less aesthetically perfect than some of my other ones, but equally functional.

They work perfectly.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There are either chatter marks, or “paint” imperfections
    One of my most recent Berettas was Italian made and has both these issues. They were not worth refusing the shipment from my dealer, but it was disappointing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast