Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA Range policy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

PSA Range policy

Don’t forget to bring your “tax stamp” if you shoot at PSA, lest you be asked to leave. Range policy, they say.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-07-20 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    That's fascinating. Are any members of their staff officials of the US Treasury, BATFE or IRS? I thought those were the folks qualified to examine a tax document.

I'm not someone that frequently hollars about "muh rights!" but I dislike showing showing documents with PII (Personally Identifiable Information) to Cletus, Jethro or Lurlene.

Their range and their rules, I guess. I do carry a photocopy of the associated Form 1 or Form 4, but I do not enjoy displaying them to anyone without appropriate government credentials.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Who?

I would venture to guess he is referring to Palmetto State Armory.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yessir, their range, their rules. But not posted anywhere that I’m aware of. The Jr ATF agent enforcing them walked away from the rental machinegun he was supposed to be supervising to ask for my papers.

I’ve been a member, shooting there 4-8 times a month for two years, and blown a eff ton of money on ammo there. I’ve shot my NFA weapons there many times, but apparently this is the first time I’ve been caught.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-07-20 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I would venture to guess he is referring to Palmetto State Armory.
    Figured as much but it read as Public Service Announcement

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What if you didn’t have one? They ask you to leave?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What if you didn’t have one? They ask you to leave?
    They did. I had it, but declined to show it to the kid. Mainly because I was taken aback by him asking if I had a “tax stamp” with me. So they asked me to leave.

I think the reason this has so much sand in my vagina, is that it reminds me of the AWB days, when a HK91 made me persona non grata at the Fudd range. And we’ve had a couple discussions lately where PSA sells their stuff so cheap because they are trying to be some pillar of gun rights.

This is the wrong place to be whining about this. I’m going to have a discussion with a manager on Monday, and at least find out if its really their policy, or if its one employee making up rules. Mods, this adds no useful info to the NFA forum other than slamming a company (which recently quit selling NFA items, BTW); feel free to lock it or move to GD as you see fit.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    They did. I had it, but declined to show it to the kid. Mainly because I was taken aback by him asking if I had a “tax stamp” with me. So they asked me to leave.

I think the reason this has so much sand in my vagina, is that it reminds me of the AWB days, when a HK91 made me persona non grata at the Fudd range. And we’ve had a couple discussions lately where PSA sells their stuff so cheap because they are trying to be some pillar of gun rights.

This is the wrong place to be whining about this. I’m going to have a discussion with a manager on Monday, and at least find out if its really their policy, or if its one employee making up rules. Mods, this adds no useful info to the NFA forum other than slamming a company (which recently quit selling NFA items, BTW); feel free to lock it or move to GD as you see fit.
    That’s some real goofball stuff right there, reading this makes me never want to purchase anything from PSA again, not that I buy much of anything from them (maybe ammo here and there). I was kicked out of an indoor range in Palm Beach county when I was there visiting my father for shooting my M-16 and M-11/9 at their range by the owner, total fudd nonsense. I was actually wrapping up shooting as this happened, but I’d never go back there for anything. This is a range that sells suppressors and SBRs mind you. I cannot stand the fudd mentality.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So you let some “Jr ATF agent” alone run you off without talking to management on the spot?

My local outdoor range doesn’t allow full auto, says it’s to keep the peace with the residents that live close to the range. There is a DOE range on the other side of the same ridge that we use for a back stop, I guess they didn’t get the memo. Fudds gonna Fudd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast