Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSA Range policy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hooboy! If this is official policy and how they're handling things without it being written into the range rules, they're leaving themselves open to controversy. It's a foolish way to handle things.

It should also be brought to management's attention that Junior G-Man walking away and leaving a machine-gun unsupervised is a violation of federal regulations.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It should also be brought to management's attention that Junior G-Man walking away and leaving a machine-gun unsupervised is a violation of federal regulations.
    +1 Assuming an injury, an ambulance chaser would have a field day with that one. If their excuse for this rule is safety, then major fail.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Same; this “enforcement” seems new, at least for me, but others have encountered it also.

I don’t post on TOS. Maybe I’ll reset my password there and try it. There’s actually a thread there on this subject, sort of.

So, I called yesterday. They say its an official policy, but its not posted anywhere physically and not mentioned in their orientation video or online range FAQ’s, which I reviewed thoroughly. While on the phone, I got the number and email for the “rangemaster” said to be responsible for the rule, and will follow up with him this week. Its a Columbia number. PM me if you would also like to have it.

When asked what their policy is for guys who never possess a form 4, such as someone who got issued a suppressor by a company or agency, he said its a “case by case basis”.

I also attempted to find a list of rules online, which made me aware that random enforcement of unwritten rules is a problem that others have had also. It seems that Tripadvisor is a thing for rifle ranges(?). I know I’d be looking for a refund if I paid by the session; as a member, its just an annoying inconvenience. I understand that its their range, and some of their rules exist to stop mouthbreathers from Darwin’ing themselves or harming someone else, or damaging stuff, but using a commercially manufactured silencer would seem to simply be polite.

I will post again after I speak with the “rangemaster”. Until then, the key takeaway if you shoot there is to be aware that there is a rule.
    Yea that’s horseshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That's fascinating. Are any members of their staff officials of the US Treasury, BATFE or IRS? I thought those were the folks qualified to examine a tax document.

I'm not someone that frequently hollars about "muh rights!" but I dislike showing showing documents with PII (Personally Identifiable Information) to Cletus, Jethro or Lurlene.

Their range and their rules, I guess. I do carry a photocopy of the associated Form 1 or Form 4, but I do not enjoy displaying them to anyone without appropriate government credentials.
    In OH, its illegal locally unless it follows NFA laws, so it easier to just show the police, rather than making them call an atf agent.

The times police showed up for machineguns, they viewed the forms, wrote on the report that they verified legality, and went on their way while we continued.

The biggest issue I see with this is that PSA doesnt have it posted anywhere.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Don’t forget to bring your “tax stamp” if you shoot at PSA, lest you be asked to leave. Range policy, they say.
    What the commie f is that all about?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I wouldn't have made it passed the "orientation video". You need a better place to shoot. Public ranges are asshat magnets.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    All of my stamps stay at home, all of the time. They aren’t permission slips, they’re quasi receipts. I don’t carry proof that I paid the taxes on anything else I own and unless they’re a tax agent, they don’t have any business reviewing my tax documents.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123