Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA Range policy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasilnuts View Post
    So you let some “Jr ATF agent” alone run you off without talking to management on the spot?

My local outdoor range doesn’t allow full auto,
    I have a very little patience. I usually get better results by walking away and revisiting an issue after I cool down and contemplate exactly what annoyed me about a situation. Otherwise I say a bunch of crazy shit.

For what its worth, PSA does not allow personally owned machineguns either, as a policy, and that is stated in their orientation video. However, I’ve not seen anything posted or stated about SBR’s or silencers, which they sold until about a year ago.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

This is the wrong place to be whining about this. I’m going to have a discussion with a manager on Monday, and at least find out if its really their policy, or if its one employee making up rules. Mods, this adds no useful info to the NFA forum other than slamming a company (which recently quit selling NFA items, BTW); feel free to lock it or move to GD as you see fit.

I have a similar philosophy regarding "just leaving". It allows me to do some research on the company or location, and return with a portfolio of facts to support my position.

I do calmly ask the person or persons their name, and take a picture of the location with my cell phone, so I have a date/time stamp. That frequently results in a look of unease from the person I am dealing with.

I'd be fascinated to know the number of times law enforcement has "swooped down" on a facility where someone was utilizing an NFA device, and hollered "Book 'em Dano!" as they took them to the hoosegow. I honestly do not recall any.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This is the wrong place to be whining about this. I’m going to have a discussion with a manager on Monday, and at least find out if its really their policy, or if its one employee making up rules. Mods, this adds no useful info to the NFA forum other than slamming a company (which recently quit selling NFA items, BTW); feel free to lock it or move to GD as you see fit.
    Let's let it ride, and the chips fall where they do. There's a difference between slamming and informing. This topic comes up from time to time with other venues as well, so you're not the first to experience it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Wait...they rent machine guns but you must prove *you* have a tax stamp to shoot it? That's just bizarre.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If it’s official policy then I will retract my commendation of their of their donations to the VCDL.

Hopefully it’s just some bitchmsde employee trying to get his rocks off and will be addressed accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    If it’s official policy then I will retract my commendation of their of their donations to the VCDL. Hopefully it’s just some bitchmsde employee trying to get his rocks off and will be addressed accordingly.
    This makes zero sense and I bet it was just some over-zealous employee talking nonsense.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've shot my suppressed SBR at their Greenville range without issue a few times without issues. Admittedly, it's probably been a year since I've been there.

Feedback Score
    Did you talk to a manager. I am guessing the ro overstepped here.

Try to contact Josiah. He is one of the owners and will address it or confirm if policy. If you can't call in and get him you can message him on TOS if you post there...

Username to im is palmettostatearmory I believe. They have an industry section he would see a post in as well

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    My local indoor range tried that when they first opened. Lasted about a week.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I've shot my suppressed SBR at their Greenville range without issue a few times without issues. Admittedly, it's probably been a year since I've been there.
    Same; this “enforcement” seems new, at least for me, but others have encountered it also.

Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Did you talk to a manager. I am guessing the ro overstepped here.

Try to contact Josiah. He is one of the owners and will address it or confirm if policy. If you can't call in and get him you can message him on TOS if you post there...

Username to im is palmettostatearmory I believe. They have an industry section he would see a post in as well
    I don’t post on TOS. Maybe I’ll reset my password there and try it. There’s actually a thread there on this subject, sort of.

So, I called yesterday. They say its an official policy, but its not posted anywhere physically and not mentioned in their orientation video or online range FAQ’s, which I reviewed thoroughly. While on the phone, I got the number and email for the “rangemaster” said to be responsible for the rule, and will follow up with him this week. Its a Columbia number. PM me if you would also like to have it.

When asked what their policy is for guys who never possess a form 4, such as someone who got issued a suppressor by a company or agency, he said its a “case by case basis”.

I also attempted to find a list of rules online, which made me aware that random enforcement of unwritten rules is a problem that others have had also. It seems that Tripadvisor is a thing for rifle ranges(?). I know I’d be looking for a refund if I paid by the session; as a member, its just an annoying inconvenience. I understand that its their range, and some of their rules exist to stop mouthbreathers from Darwin’ing themselves or harming someone else, or damaging stuff, but using a commercially manufactured silencer would seem to simply be polite.

I will post again after I speak with the “rangemaster”. Until then, the key takeaway if you shoot there is to be aware that there is a rule.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast