Thread: 6.5 grendel 16” Rifle length has system??

Feedback Score

6.5 grendel 16” Rifle length has system??

Hello, so I stumbled across an offer by CMMG called the resolute long story short I am interested in getting it as my first 6.5 grendel

Something is troubling me though apparently it has a 16” barrel and a rifle length gas system? I don’t really know much about 6.5 but I am familiar with DI ARs and that just seems like a bad idea to me but of course I could be wrong

Do any of you guys have 16” rifle length guns in 6.5 ? Any reliability issues? Does wolf ammo cycle well?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would say that CMMG has questionable build quality. My cousing had one, gas key came loose after a few hundred rounds.

Feedback Score
    Here's a link to the information on their website:
    https://cmmginc.com/product/rifle-re...w-6-5-grendel/

I see that the technical specifications indicate that it has a rifle length gas system, but the picture shows a gas system that is carbine or perhaps mid length. A rifle length gas system with a 16" barrel would be asking for trouble because the gas port would be so close to the end of the barrel. I'm not saying that it can't be done, but I'm thinking nobody does it for a reason.

I have a 6.5 Grendel mid-length upper half that I assembled myself using Alexander Arms and Adams Arms parts. It has the Adams Arms piston system and runs like a champ with steel cased Wolf. I even shoot the upper on my M16 lower with no issues at all on full auto.