Thread: New Service Rifle questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

New Service Rifle questions

Hello,

I’d like to attend some local high power matches and have a few questions regarding equipment. I’d like to use parts that I already have in hand rather than buy something new, if possible. I’ve been through the NRA and CMP rule books and can’t find an answer on two points.

#1. Is a VLTOR A5 buffer allowed, or must the buffer be standard carbine or rifle?

#2. Is the rifle and/or furniture allowed to a different color than black, or does this violate the “visual appearance” clause?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    #1. Is a VLTOR A5 buffer allowed, or must the buffer be standard carbine or rifle?
    Yes

#2. Is the rifle and/or furniture allowed to a different color than black, or does this violate the “visual appearance” clause?
    Any color you want
    I think the only hard and fast rules they're sticking by is it has to have a GI A1 or A2 pistol grip and the sling must be within 1-inch of where it would be on a GI M16 or M4 handguard.

They changed both rifle and pistol rules starting in 2015 to reflect what a lot of people already own, and for long guns to allow 1-4 power optics to mirror the GI ACOG recruits began using in boot camp.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thank you, sir.