Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Consciousness Cannot Have Evolved

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Im pretty sure YOU did. The Lord God made me. Youll see one day soon.
    The Lord God made me an atheist.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    There is a HUGE evolutionary pressure for sentience. Almost like the race for AI in computers. Planning, communication, society, ethics and abstract thought.
    Thats the real argument right there. Perhaps intelligence is only up to to a certain point. Enter the Fermi paradox, if sentience and intelligence is so beneficial then why is universe so devoid of it? Its entirely possible intelligence is actually HARMFUL to existence as intelligent beings tend to destroy themselves more often than not a la making AI.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You evolved from an Ape. Accept it.
    First off, I know there are things we cannot understand. Having said that, I believe that God's creation day may not have been the same as our 24 hour day.

The thing about evolution that I have never understood is where are all the half ape/half men? I mean how does it go, at some point nature says 'okay, all done, everybody in the pipeline that hasn't yet fully evolved, your out of here? And you there, you stay an ape - forever, sorry dude.'

Same thing about the big bang theory, so who put those atoms into play?
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 02-09-20 at 16:19.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    The thing about evolution that I have never understood is where are all the half ape/half men?
    Have you seen Congress? Antifa? AOC? Etc?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You evolved from an Ape. Accept it.
    We evolved along side of apes.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thats the real argument right there. Perhaps intelligence is only up to to a certain point. Enter the Fermi paradox, if sentience and intelligence is so beneficial then why is universe so devoid of it? Its entirely possible intelligence is actually HARMFUL to existence as intelligent beings tend to destroy themselves more often than not a la making AI.
    I do worry about AI, but if it is truly that much more advanced, it will just leave us- which would also explain why we haven't heard from them. The universe is uncomfortably silent, eerily quiet. I like to run the Drake Equation backwards. The longer we go with out hearing from aliens, the less likely they become. Intelligence may be dangerous, but the universe is also frighteningly deadly. Or do you get smart enough to realize that it all doesn't matter and Aliens are a bunch of Lewbowski's. What ever man.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

The thing about evolution that I have never understood is where are all the half ape/half men?
    How does the game go- Screw, kill, marry.... Not kidding.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    The Lord God made me an atheist.
    Nah. That was the other fella.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Nah. That was the other fella.
    The Lord God made everything, read a bible.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Consciousness not only evolved, we’re about to create it in the computer labs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    The Lord God made everything, read a bible.
    I am not a religious man nor am I a biblical scholar, but I believe that the Lord God made you with the option to chose to be an Atheist or not. The choice to follow whatever fellow that you want to is one of the gifts bestowed upon mankind. So some say at least.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker6 View Post
    I am not a religious man nor am I a biblical scholar, but I believe that the Lord God made you with the option to chose to be an Atheist or not. The choice to follow whatever fellow that you want to is one of the gifts bestowed upon mankind. So some say at least.
    I don't recall being offered a choice, but if he did give me the choice to be an atheist he's an idiot.

Perhaps it was another god who gave me the choice !

" God standeth in the congregation of the mighty. He judgeth among the gods "

Psalm 82:1 KJV

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast