Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: magpul rifle stocks

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, the Magpul rifle length stocks are fine. I’ve had three on various lowers but only kept one of those. It feels pretty good on the shoulder and cheek. Height is good for typical optics.

Pros:
    -can usually be had for the same price or less than a quality A1/A2 stock
    -does not need the A2 spacer.
    -multiple sling mount options.
    -multiple colors
    -good storage
    -solid lockup on install; no wiggle or rattle
    -if I recall; the LOP is in the sweet spot longer than A1 but shorter than A2

Cons:
    -it is ugly
    -QD sling mount is sold separately
    -does not have built-in LOP or cheek height adjustments

I recommend to anyone who:
    -wants the rifle buffer system
    -doesn’t care about cloning a particular government rifle
    -doesn’t want to pay for a high end custom stock
    -is trying to match a particular color scheme

My deer hunting rifle has one. It does the trick.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll go slightly off the rails and make this comment. The original design team at Magpul was like Rick James. They are/ were the the OG design super freaks,and the pieces they came out with had 1970s soul. Not that the designs looked like they were from the 70s, but some guys will get what I mean. The designs were absolutely new, freaky, and functional. Sure OG Magpul played it a little bit safe, but they threw caution to the wind with things like the UBR and going after a polymer magazine.

Magpul is obviously MUCH larger and successful now by way of volume, but I have to kick back and wonder who the next company is who will be able to hit everything at the right time, place, design and funding to make an impact on the AR15 world.

Personally, when it comes to rifles stock, I like the A1 and original PRS over all else. I don't think the A1 will ever sell in any sort of real numbers again, but it remains a favorite.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123